Flickr Photo Gallery can it display the info from Flickr?

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Jonah Lee Walker, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Jonah Lee Walker

Jonah Lee Walker New Member

I recently purchased a membership so I could get Flicker Photo Gallery as I am moving from RapidWeaver to Muser, but I am having 2 issues.

The first is that I want to be able to display the description from Flickr as well. So I it will describe the items it is showing. I am doing a web site for my mother's business and she is showing her artwork which needs a description to show what it is, and without it the plug in doesn't work for me.

My second problem is that when it shows the display of photos they seem to all be darkened, instead of showing the image thumbnail in it's original brightness. Is there a where to make it so the images are not darkened?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jonah, thanks for posting.
    I believe that the text issue will depend on how your image is set up in Flickr.
    The widget is basically a conduit for the content from Flickr, so if you have images with descriptions in Flickr, that will come through into Muse. As an example, drop the basic widget onto a new blank site/page. Now, preview in browser with the default settings. You will see the demo account has text and titles.
    To your question about the darkness of the thumbnails, you have the ability to choose various 'Overlays' in the styling section. Choosing 'None' leaves the original image alone.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. Jonah Lee Walker

Thanks. I was able to change the thumbnails, but my descriptions from Flickr are not showing up. At least not in Firefox. It is my mom's flickr page and she has descriptions on ever image https://www.flickr.com/photos/lindacarnegiedesigns/ but I am not seeing any description showing up.

4. DjHerold

Jonah, could I ask you to place a support ticket (support>contact us).
    I can see your issue when I use your ID in the widget, but not with other ID's.
    This may be a privacy setting or something I'm not seeing.
    Let me know if the team find the issue.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. nickfehr

nickfehr New Member

I'm having a similar issue. Where you ever able to identify the problem?

6. Jonah Lee Walker

I talked to tech support and they said that currently the plug in does not display anything but the photos, no other information. They said they are considering it for an upgrade in the future though. Maybe if you contact them as well as so they realize that more people are interested in this feature.

7. DjHerold

nickfehr, I see that the previous poster had filed a support ticket to see if the team had an answer, and unfortunatly did not post the results in this forum .
    I went into the answer and found this was what was said.
    " Unfortunately at this time our flickr widget is meant to be just a basic photo gallery option. It doesn't support the option to show descriptions or titles. Even in our own example there's no descriptions of titles shown. That is something we can definitely look into adding in the near future. I will let the developers know there is interest in this sort of feature for our Flickr widget ."
    If this changes, I will let everyone know.
    Sorry
    Dj

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  8. DjHerold

Sorry Jonah, you must have been typing at the same time only faster.
    Dj

Thank you for following up, it really helps others

9. nickfehr

nickfehr New Member

Thank you both for you quick responses. This is a great widget, and if this functionality were to be added it would be my go to on countless projects.