first website for a client

Discussion in 'Member Showcase' started by paul h, Nov 24, 2016.

1. paul h

paul h New Member

Hi This is my first time posting and my first real website for somebody else made a couple for my self but been a whole new experience creating something for somebody else. Still waiting on some bits of content but overall the site is mostly finished. the site is for an essential oil business.
    hoilistic.com.au/ any incites are most appreciated
    many thanks

2. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

I think the site is generally good but certain things leap out straight away; the navigation menu should be aligned with the logo, it is too high at the moment. Change the links from 'read more' to more descriptive links so 'essential oils' instead of 'read more'. Look at the padding between elements; for instance the text above the 'essential oils are dynamic' is too close to it. The text links in the footer navigation are far to close to each other, increase line spacing, this will make it better on the eyes and also easier to click, using fingers on a mobile device is not that precise so links need lots of space.

3. paul h

paul h New Member

Thanks asifnm, really appreciate the feed back, helps a lot to have fresh eyes go over your website and pick up the sort of bits that can really make a difference to the website, cheers

4. Mike Valkanet

Mike Valkanet Well-Known Member

I like it. Very good for a 1st website.

You should see the 1st one I did. LOL