First time build - autoplay videos not playing

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by James Hanrahan, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Hanrahan

James Hanrahan New Member

http://www.lctm.biz/index.html

New to the forum and to Muse. This is our new site - some of the pages are not loading consistently. Best in Firefox, next Chrome, Safari - forget it.

Sometimes if I reload the page, the background videos will pop on, sometimes not.

Am I making obvious mistakes?

Thanks,

James

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

James, welcome, thanks for joining us.
    Let me start with part of what be happening.
    First, Safari has made some changes to their policy with their last update. They as a rule are not allowing Auto Play for Videos. There are adjustments they allow within their browser settings that may help, but feedback on it's effectiveness is split.
    Our team, as well as others (and if you google the issue you will see we are not alone) are looking at possible solutions.
    As far as pages loading sporadically, we'd need to see a bit more information. Video size and file types, maybe some screen shots of your layout in Muse and the widgets settings.
    Also, remember that in Mobile, most all auto play videos are blocked across all browsers (it's a data usage without users permission type issue).
    If it's something in your file, it may take a support ticket (resources>contact us) to allow the team to see your .muse files and assets.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Chuck Nigash

Chuck Nigash Active Member

James, read this short thread. https://goo.gl/nbg1qN

I have it working in all the critical browsers. The beta 1.4 has been very good for me. My site is not up yet to show you, but my tests are good. I have had this widget break Sub Nav Slider, something I am trying to resolve. So my advice -- do one change at a time and test. You'll find out quickly where the most elastic functionality is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.