Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

Solved Fill in Scrolling Content box?

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by sasegars, Mar 11, 2016.

1. sasegars

sasegars Well-Known Member

I have a busy color background -- on the pages I want to place the scrolling content boxes, so I thought I would put a white fill @ 65% to compensate. When I do that the box expands below the scrolling bar height? Any clues about that?

http://candopro.businesscatalyst.com/virtual-assistance.html

I have another question, if someone wants to help me -- the footer text at bottom (@2016, etc) doesn't appear formatted with the text chosen? Any ideas?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Sasegars, if you could post some screen shots of how you've set the page up, that may give some ideas to look at. I opened a new page and place a text box with some pasted text. I put a fill and set it to about 60%. All looks well. So, if you can give me some ideas how you've set it up, we'll figure this out.
    As far as the text formatting issue, without going through that setup, I'd first suggest looking at our blog post on using text in Muse.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. sasegars

4. sasegars

Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 2.12.45 PM.png

And the text at the bottom completely transforms to an unrecognized font? I can't seem to edit or change it.

5. DjHerold

Sasegars, yes, I can see the issues, but without seeing how you've set things up, it's hard to diagnose.
    Also, the text issue, did the article help?
    Dj

6. sasegars

How do I show you how I set it up? I added the widget, assigned the graphic style scroll1, added the fill @ 65%, and added the text -- can you tell me how to show you the setup?

7. sasegars

Would it have anything to do with other pages? I've added the same widget to the other pages?

8. DjHerold

sasegars, What I was looking for was a possible screen shot of the way your page is set up, maybe even a screen shot of the fly out panel settings. It give us something to go on. But that'can be for a future question.
    I think I know what you did from the last two posts description.
    Did you create a rectangle, add your fill, name it and then add your text into the rectangle? It sounds like you did.
    Try creating your item by only using a text box, add your fill and then name. When you place the text in a rectangle, you are at the mercy of the length of the rectangle. And in your case it appears the rectangle is longer in height than your text box.
    Dj

9. sasegars

Does this help with how I set it up?

10. DjHerold

sasegars, thank you very much for taking the time to do that video, I can't tell you how much it helps.
    I was able to re create your issue, and am not entirely sure why, but I will take this to the team to look at.
    Now what I was able to do to fix it (and this was from a comment you made, this is why I love more info), AFTER you create your text box, enter your text and place your fill, Then select your text box and at that time give it a NEW graphic style, do not use one that was created already because if that GS name is tainted or misaligned, it will duplicate the issue to your new text box.
    Give that a shot, and let me know.
    Dj

11. ciao Marian

ciao Marian Member

Scrollers won't show up or attach to text boxes...why?
    Any ideas?

12. DjHerold

ciao, could I ask that you start a new thread, this is quite old and a different situation than yours.
    Also, if you could give information on what you are trying to do, maybe a screen shot or two, that shows the site and settings in design mode.
    Mainly showing the fly out settings, and a description of how you've set things up.
    Thank you
    Dj