Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

Feedback please

Discussion in 'Member Showcase' started by Martina, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Martina

Martina Active Member

Hi there, I just used the Build Template for a client that makes steel molds for paving bricks and retainer walls. He wants to venture out into bespoke steel work. I thought this template could add a bit of flair to his current core steel mold business.

I am still in the process of working on this site but feedback at this stage will be much appreciated.

http://specfwork.businesscatalyst.com

Thanks
    Martina

2. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

I like it! Certainly a perfect application for the build template.

I just had a quick look, and the only thing that stuck out to me was that your hero image on the homepage seemed a little bit low resolution. It's fairly pixelated on my screen. Minor though :)

3. Martina

Martina Active Member

Hi Steve
    Thanks, the images are just temporary as I have not received the clients as yet. Just to let you know since I requested feedback I have been making changes to some text such as the logo and menu but as soon as I added anything that might "stretch" the text box slightly Muse inform me that there is an error in that particular breakpoint and then just shut down. It happened when I tried making changes to the footer menu as well. Not sure if this has anything to do with the template.
    Also yesterday I could not publish this site to business catalyst as it just gave error bc503.
    All these problem accrued yesterday.
    Do you know why?

4. Mike Valkanet

Mike Valkanet Well-Known Member

I don't like the big picture of the bricks. I know how hard it can be to make an exciting website about a company that makes bricks but users loose interest with 1 second if you can't capture their attention.

I'm just critiquing the picture. The rest of the website looks great!

5. Martina

Martina Active Member

http://martina25.businesscatalyst.com/

Hi Mike

Thanks so much for you reply. The client dictated look and feel and I images. Since the version you saw things changes a bit i.e their images, I used the new ConnectGallery. As for the info menu this is what they want. Please view the new link if you can, I appreciate your views very much. I am seeing the client this week and would like to make suggestions.

Best regards
    Martina