Feedback please

Discussion in 'Member Showcase' started by Martina, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Martina

Martina Active Member

Hi there, I just used the Build Template for a client that makes steel molds for paving bricks and retainer walls. He wants to venture out into bespoke steel work. I thought this template could add a bit of flair to his current core steel mold business.

I am still in the process of working on this site but feedback at this stage will be much appreciated.

http://specfwork.businesscatalyst.com

Thanks
    Martina

2. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

I like it! Certainly a perfect application for the build template.

I just had a quick look, and the only thing that stuck out to me was that your hero image on the homepage seemed a little bit low resolution. It's fairly pixelated on my screen. Minor though :)

3. Martina

Martina Active Member

Hi Steve
    Thanks, the images are just temporary as I have not received the clients as yet. Just to let you know since I requested feedback I have been making changes to some text such as the logo and menu but as soon as I added anything that might "stretch" the text box slightly Muse inform me that there is an error in that particular breakpoint and then just shut down. It happened when I tried making changes to the footer menu as well. Not sure if this has anything to do with the template.
    Also yesterday I could not publish this site to business catalyst as it just gave error bc503.
    All these problem accrued yesterday.
    Do you know why?

4. Mike Valkanet

Mike Valkanet Well-Known Member

I don't like the big picture of the bricks. I know how hard it can be to make an exciting website about a company that makes bricks but users loose interest with 1 second if you can't capture their attention.

I'm just critiquing the picture. The rest of the website looks great!

5. Martina

Martina Active Member

http://martina25.businesscatalyst.com/

Hi Mike

Thanks so much for you reply. The client dictated look and feel and I images. Since the version you saw things changes a bit i.e their images, I used the new ConnectGallery. As for the info menu this is what they want. Please view the new link if you can, I appreciate your views very much. I am seeing the client this week and would like to make suggestions.

Best regards
    Martina