Solved Facebook Photo Albums

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by John DIGITAL, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John DIGITAL

John DIGITAL Member

Hi

I have installed v 1.6 of Facebook Photo Albums... and all its doing is showing the below message

"here was an error retrieving the requested images.
    Please refresh the page and try again."

Any ideas? Have facebook updated the API again?

2. John DIGITAL

John DIGITAL Member

3. ANTHONY

ANTHONY Active Member

Hi John - Also having this issue, I don't think they even know about it yet as I asked on Friday and haven't had a response.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

All, this has been reported and is being looked at by our developers.
    I will report anything I hear.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. DjHerold

All, Thanks for the notes and sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
    I wanted to follow up with the latest I've heard about the issues.

The outage of our Facebook Album app is currently due to a bug on Facebook's developer platform, introduced in late May. Several app creators around the world have filed complaints with Facebook, and we've been told they are investigating and looking for a solution.
    Here is a link to the official bug report on Facebook: https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/169774397034403/

Unfortunately at the moment our hands are somewhat tied until Facebook implements a fix on their platform. We're exploring building a alternate version of our widget to try and bypass this issue, however there is just no guarantee the problem will go away. As an outside developer, we rely on Facebook's application programming interface (API) to pull in photos and other data. If the API encounters issues, our application goes down with it.

If you want our team to notify you on any updates you can drop an email to our support team (resources>contact us)
    We'll keep your email on file so that we can pass along information about the status of this issue. It's very important we get this fixed, and we're working diligently to try and find an alternate solution.

Thanks again,
    Dj

6. DjHerold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.