Solved Facebook photo albums and anchor links

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by ANTHONY, Sep 12, 2016.

1. ANTHONY

ANTHONY Active Member

Hi There

I have a site with a products page that has a scrolling gallery with a few pictures, the client wants a button on that page where you can click to see more photos.

I'm using the Facebook photo album and have placed an anchor link on the gallery page for each product, but when the button is clicked it goes to gallery and to the correct anchor but when the photos load it is in the incorrect place.

Is is possible to have the anchor in the correct place after the galleries load?

Here is the url - if you go to the products and choose any other than the 1st product (as that loads at the top of the gallery) then click on the 'More Photos' button, you will see the gallery heading at the top of the browser but then when the photo's load the page stays where it is and all the gallery move down.

http://pavini.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Appreciate the help

2. ANTHONY

ANTHONY Active Member

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Anthony, if I'm understanding you correctly, your 'More Photo's' button on the product page is trying to send you to an anchor location on the Gallery page that is made up of multiple Facebook albums?
    You may have to talk to the team (support>contact us) on this because my first thought is the face book widget might be trying to control the page and be interfering with the anchor. But I'm not sure.
    Would it be possible to see a screen shot (s) of your Gallery page in design mode to look at your anchors?
    Thanks
    Dj

4. ANTHONY

ANTHONY Active Member

Hey DJ

Thanks for the assist, yes there are a lot of products so on the Products page I have a button that links to that relevant products gallery section, the client wants to be able to upload and add their own photos so I've used the Facebook Album widget.

In the screenshot you can see the galleries with the anchor next to them, but when the button is pressed because the galleries haven't loaded yet it goes to the anchor at the top of the page (because it is just the headings until it loads) and once the galleries load it doesn't move to where the anchor has gone.

I hope that makes sense - if you try it at the URL you will see what I mean - http://pavini.businesscatalyst.com/index.html
    Does that explain a bit better?

Attached Files:

5. DjHerold

Anthony, I see what you mean, and it's like I was thinking also, that the load has something to do with this.
    I'd like you to try one thing (just in case) and if it doesn't work, I'll have to ask you place a support ticket (support>contact us) to see if the team can assist.
    Move all your anchors off the page to the left. Same positions but off the page.
    Now, assuming that doesn't help, and let's say the team doesn't have a solution because of the loading issue. A possible substitute to try might be to set up individual pages for the product "More Photo's", placing the Facebook widget for that gallery item on it's own page.
    Just a thought.
    Dj

6. ANTHONY

ANTHONY Active Member

Hi DJ

Ok great - I'll try move the anchors off page but your solution of having separate pages is a great one too.
    So I have a solution either way. Thanks so much for your help.

7. DjHerold

Anthony, always glad to try to assist.
    Hope one works for you.
    Let us know if you find a solution, I'm sure others can learn from this.
    Dj

8. ANTHONY

ANTHONY Active Member

Hey @DjHerold - I tried your idea of taking the anchors off the page, and also tried grouping the anchor with the relevant text.
    Neither worked so I think your idea of individual pages will be the best bet.

Thanks so much