Solved Facebook Photo Album v1.3

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Glen Priest, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Glen Priest

Glen Priest Member

Is anyone having issues with this widget?? My client called me this morning saying that the images are not loading on his site, i had a look and sure enough they are not loading.
    I have re uploaded the site to BC hoping this would clear it but nothing, I have check the facebook photo album id number and this is all correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glen

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Glen, it seems Facebook updated their API which broke our widget. We have just released a fix, please download version 1.4.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Dj

3. JLyon

JLyon New Member

Hello, I had the same problem as Glen and I have now updated to v1.4, but now I cannot seem to get the "Load More" button to work correctly. It does show up in cases where I have a large number of photos, but when I click it the window expands but no additional photos are displayed. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong???

4. danielb

danielb New Member

hi everyone,
    I still have the issue after updating to v1.4. The Facebook albums does not show, only the little spinning loading gif.

5. Guy Watson

Guy Watson Member

6. GRAPHIXOLOGY

GRAPHIXOLOGY New Member

We're seeing the same problem too, and it appears that Muse Themes is on top of it since the widget on their demo page is doing the same thing, and the download button for this widget is currently not available. Looking forward to a quick fix! : )

7. Allan Almeida

Allan Almeida Member

I've tested it here (online and offline) and it worked well, but this was a situation that i knew it could happen but not so soon, so i created a thread with a solution that should be explored to avoid that a minor update inflicts this to happen again.

Edit: It's worked after the 1.4 update, but not fully.

My main-page is working, but my project still not. Both uses different albums/pages.

Edit²: Some albums load and some not.

I've tried few albums and observed that some of they works fine and some not. Fb uses a asynchronous update way, so i think wait is our only option for now.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  8. Robert Pritchard

Robert Pritchard Member

I still have the issue after updating to v1.4. The Facebook albums does not show, only the little spinning loading gif.

9. DjHerold

All, not sure what might be going on, I have asked the developers to look into things just in case.
    It would really help to give as much information as possible when posting. I know it's easy to just say it's broken, especially when the thread is already started on the same topic. But, even a link to the troubled page can help resolve things tremulously.
    Thank you for understanding.
    Dj

10. Robert Pritchard

Robert Pritchard Member

11. GRAPHIXOLOGY

GRAPHIXOLOGY New Member

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  12. DjHerold

Graphix, thank you, our team will be checking these out.
    Thanks again
    Dj

13. danielb

danielb New Member

14. GRAPHIXOLOGY

GRAPHIXOLOGY New Member

I recv'd an email from MuseThemes Support this morning telling me to re-download the newest 1.4 version and that this should fix it. As you probably already know the 1.4 version is still not working and I would hope that your tech support people are aware of this. This widget is a big part of many of these websites and I would like to ask that this fix please be placed on a higher priority if possible. Thank you!

15. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hey all,

We're working on this right now. And I'm sorry for the trouble.

The v1.4 update is working for most people, but for some, it's a no-go (as you guys know). This is usually caused by a permissions or privacy setting in Facebook. During the last API update, permissions were tightened, causing similar problems for our widget.

The URLs you guys have provided are very useful. We should have this figured out soon. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Thanks,

16. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hello again,

Looks like we have a fix. Please download v1.5 here: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/facebook-photo-albums

Thanks again for providing links. We were able to use them for testing. It turned out that in these cases, image items did not have names applied from the FB configuration, which created problems for our script. We adjusted the so that it assigns a name in all cases. We've tested the widget with the album ID's from the site links provided, and it has worked in all cases.

Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

17. Allan Almeida

Allan Almeida Member

Good job.

Glad to know it's not about the permissions after all.

Please take a look inside my widget suggestion about creating a widget easy to update.

18. GRAPHIXOLOGY

GRAPHIXOLOGY New Member

Thank you guys! Version 1.5 fixed the problem. Your own demo page still has the issue tho. Can you tell me HOW you created the thin wide slider gallery with this widget that you feature on your demo page?

19. DjHerold

Graph, You are very welcome, we always try to get it right.
    Our page is going to be updated as well, when we started having our own issues we took the widget down.
    To your question about the slider, this was kind of a creative solution.
    I posted a bit on how we did it back when it first came out http://forum.muse-themes.com/threads/how-to-display-facebook-photo-album-in-a-slide-show.614/
    This tells about the process, I'm going to look to see if we ever did a tutorial on it, but this will give you the basic idea. You will need to be pretty comfortable with using Composition widgets and the funky layout issues in the Design Mode it can have.
    Dj