Facebook Albums - MAJOR error

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by asifnm, Sep 16, 2016.

1. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

Facebook Albums has been my must used widget (probably) and it has worked great but my massive disappointment today when using it has made me rethink a lot of things. Basically the widget has worked great in the past but when using it on a site in development I found that the widget when it loads creates a massive gap between itself and the footer. There is no other widget on the page and only a muse themes panorama widget on the master page (can't be this because the problem still occurs when this panorama widget is removed)

http://www.expressiontints.co.uk/gallery.html

[​IMG]

As can be seen in the screen grab above there is just a small space between the widget and the footer in muse but still there is a massive gap when publishing or previewing.

Any ideas?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

asifnm, could you try setting your minimum page height (in page properties) to something small, like 300 or 350.
    Let me know if that helps.
    Dj

3. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

Dj

I tried that but it still makes no difference at all. Even on a blank page on a new site it makes no difference; still get the same behaviour.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

asifnm, I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. I haven't had anyone bring this to my attention, so I'm a bit short of answers if the page change didn't help.
    Could I ask you place a support ticket? Maybe the team has seen this before and has a solution.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. Sunspot

Sunspot Member

I have had this problem on occasion and found some tiny box or something on a turned off layer or on the pasteboard that was causing the problem. Know you have probably checked for that.

6. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

DJ, I have submitted it to support, just waiting to hear back. Sunspot-that's what I thought but nothing, even with a completely new black website I still get the error.

7. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the widget as well, still same error.

8. uncagedcreative

uncagedcreative Active Member

I just placed this widget (newest 1.3 version) on a client's page after so many problems trying to get the Mumblr widget to work, only to the client's dissatisfaction. They want to use Facebook for photos and videos. I'm getting the massive gap at the bottom like the OP, plus the load more button doesn't show up at all.

Also, is there not a way to show the Facebook Video page? They recently changed up business pages extensively, so I'm sure that it's not possible right now. Please let me know.

Site test link: http://leahs.businesscatalyst.com/photosvideos.html

9. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

Support (Darian) has come back with a temporary solution, it seems the error is to do with the latest muse update. Simply paste the following code in to the head tag of the page your Facebook Album sits on. Just go into Page > Page Properties > Metadata. In that panel you'll see 'HTML for <head> add this code there.

<style>

.verticalspacer{

height: auto !important;

min-height: auto !important;

}
    </style>

Also: If your page is empty below the widget then add a zero fill and zero stroke rectangle (100% width) beneath the widget to stop it pulling up the footer while the widget loads.

10. uncagedcreative

uncagedcreative Active Member

Thanks. That helped the space, but the load more button is still no where to be found :(