Extra space below scrolling content box widget

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Nick Older, May 26, 2016.

1. Nick Older

Nick Older Member

So I want to create a bio page for one of the attorneys for a law firm website with just a static background image and a scrolling content box filled with a long chunk of text that fits on one screen. Problem is that there is this extra blank space right under it and I can't seem to get rid of it so it makes you scroll down farther than you need to. Before you ask, I made sure my footer was dragged up as high as possible–the target text box touches the footer.

Here is the live example:
    http://bmjdraft.businesscatalyst.com/bonnie-jones.html

It seems to be a common problem as noted by the reviews on the widget page so hopefully someone has found a fix for this!

Nick

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Nick, could you share a screen shot of this page in the design view in Muse.
    I'm trying to get a better sense of how you've laid out the page.
    Dj

3. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Nick!
    Have you checked that there are no objects outside the site?
    If this is a known bug so it should be fixed in the next release, very soon.

4. Nick Older

Nick Older Member

Sure Dj, I actually meant to do that in the original post. Here it is.

Jeremei, I did check for objects because I thought that was the case too but unfortunately that is the only object on the page.

Attached Files:

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Nick, I can't seem to replicate your problem. Could you tell me what else is on the page? Especially the navigation item.
    Here's what I did. I used the 'background fill' to place my main image (like your picture of Bonnie). I added a header and a footer.
    Then I added the scrolling content box on top of the background.
    Try these things if you haven't already.
    First, remove the scrolling content widget (just using a text box). Does this eliminate the issue?
    Try removing the Nav widget (with the scrolling content widget back on the page. Does this do anything?
    Dj

6. Nick Older

Nick Older Member

Dj,

I tried everything you suggested but with no luck. Sometimes my footer would even scroll up to the top of the page because the text box was so long which doesn't make sense since I have "sticky footer" checked. At this point I think I'm just going to try another layout but I really do appreciate your help! Hopefully this will be fixed sometime soon.

Nick