Edits in Breakpoints keep shifting

Discussion in 'Templates' started by VeeVee3, Jun 9, 2017.

1. VeeVee3

VeeVee3 Well-Known Member

Template: Bizznus
    Muse Verison: 2017.0
    Operating System: Sierra Mac
    Browser: Chrome

Hello,
    I am making edits in the Bizznuss template, I have created 4 breakpoints at 480, 768, 960, and 1160. I set all the breakpoints at Fluid width even on the master page. Everytime I got to make a change in one breakpoint something has shifted on another breakpoint. Please Help. I think I'm going to go crazy!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

VeeVee, are you using the 'Right click' option I show in the screen shot below?
    Dj

Capture.JPG

3. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

If I should change "Bizznus" template to responsive site so I would do as Dj. showed and this is concerning all "Bizznus" pages:
    1) Use on Home Page "Select All" feature in breakpoint 1160 px (same on all pages).
    2) After that use "Hide in Other Breakpoints" feature (look at Dj.´s screenshot), keep all items selected.
    3) After that use feature "Copy Size and Position to" breakpoint 960 px and keep all the time one item or all items selected in breakpoint 1160 px. It depends on how many items you want to copy to lower breakpoints per one time.
    4) Continue in the same way by using "Copy Size and Position to" feature and all the time you must use 1160 px breakpoint as a basic copy breakpoint.
    5)
    You must also edit site content (items) in all breakpoints on all pages.

Of course there are other solutions to do it but this is my way to work when I want to change old site to responsive site.

4. VeeVee3

VeeVee3 Well-Known Member

Another question, I just looked at the Bizznus template and I realized that they already have pre-made layouts for tablet, desktop and mobile. Should I just use those and because I have different breakpoints in the desktop layout is that the reason why I am having issues with getting my content to stay put? Am I throwing the balance off because they are already pre-made?

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

VeeVee, that particular template is an older one and so it was design in Muse as an 'Adaptive site'. Meaning, a design for Desktop, Tablet and Mobile.
    The assumption that Jeremei and I made was, that you were trying to make the site into a 'Responsive design One layout either fluid or Fixed (or both together).
    If you are indeed making converting the site to responsive, you will need to delete the other two design (tablet and Mobile) and then continue with your breakpoints and design (not to be confusing, but this holds true unless you are doing what some do, and create break points through tablet size and then keep the Mobile site from the Adaptive design).
    The first thing you need to do is decide which style layout you prefer.
    Hope this makes it a bit clearer.
    I suggest you look through some of our videos on design styles, and also be sure to go through some of our older blog posts which talk about this topic.
    Dj