Editing the Caption Area Text

Discussion in 'Dynamic Slide' started by Matthias Gengenbach, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Matthias Gengenbach

Matthias Gengenbach Active Member

Hey Guys.

I'm entering this forum, since I'm struggeling with an issue that should (in my opinion) normally be really simple. I'm working on a website where I need fullscreen slideshows on four pages. I used the presentation panels widget which fits my need perfectly and I also have to say that the usability and everything are just awesome. However, I'm encountering a bug that all my slideshows merge after a short period of time when visiting the site and switching between various pages. I also contacted the support but didn't receive an answer yet (which is fine of course, I know you guys have a lot to do).

What I'm asking for: I just need one proper working solution to set up my slideshows. In every slide, I just have one fullscreen image and normally only one text area. That's it! I would even be fine with creating multiple breakpoints and just pinning the text into the upper left area of the screen - so I don't even need fully responsive behaviour - but I definitely need a working solution.

I tried dynamic slide but I couldn't scale the caption boxes properly - that's why my text didn't look like in the Screenshots - which really sucks because my client wants it that way. And it's of course just a really simple box with small opacity and white text...

I'm also encountering the same problem with the default fullscreen muse slideshow. Here, I also cannot modify my captions properly (and they all behave the same way in terms of scaling and resizing (although I unchecked the "work on elements together" box.

As I said, I already would be glad with an easy solution, however, since I have multiple text elements on one page (see last screenshot) I would of course prefer a widget solution instead of the default slideshow.

This is really urgent and I'm hoping for your help. I also already tested all available layouts in Muse (Fluid, Fixed...) and right now I'm simply using a Fixed Desktop Layout (oldschool style) since I need different content in terms of tablet and mobile. But this also didn't help preventing the merging bug in presentation panels yet.

Please help me guys. Best regards Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-25 um 11.37.56.png Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-25 um 11.38.08.png Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-25 um 11.50.51.png

Matthias

2. Matthias Gengenbach

Sorry for the double post, I just forgot to show how the bug looks like: Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-25 um 11.53.37.png

3. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Matthias!
    Sometimes it is worth to test even some "crazy" things!!!
    Have you ever tested to embed standard menu widget (vertical) to standard slide show widget or to MuseThemes Presentation widget or to some other slide shows??? Vertical menu widget could be used as caption / text element (screenshot)!!!
    I don´t know is it working in a way you want but you can test??? :rolleyes:

Home.png

PS. I forgot to say that you must use manual feature in vertical menu creating.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  4. Matthias Gengenbach

Thanks for the idea - but I hope that there may be a better solution ;) Lets see what my support ticket brings to life.
    But thanks for the effort - I may try it in the worst case!

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Matthias, I hope the team can give you some incite, but in the meantime I'd like to suggest trying the Super Hero widget.
    Although I believe it's limited to one caption area, which you stated you were OK with (" In every slide, I just have one fullscreen image and normally only one text area.").
    You could also take a look at our Super Hero Slideshow (BETA), that's looking to be a combo of our Super Hero widget and the Cinch Slideshow widget.
    I could be misunderstanding your question (because I see a slide with multiple captions) but if not, just thought I'd give some input.
    Dj

6. Matthias Gengenbach

Hey DJ - Thanks for the reply. This leads me to having some questions:

1. Does that really mean that the Presentation Panels widget in its actual version is not working correctly and there is no way to fix this?
    2. The Super Hero Widget is great - I also use it very often but since I have various slides in the pages where I use the Presentation Panels widget at the moment, how shall I put 3 Fullscreen Pictures and captions on one page? <- This question concerns the normal Super Hero Widget, since you suggested me to try it.
    3. I also saw the Super Hero Slideshow which I'm very flattered about - but does it nowadays already work correctly? I don't even need content below the Fullscreen Area... Just various fullscreen slides with captions that don't bug...
    4. Is my support ticket still being worked on? My utmost hope would of course be that I still have done a little mistake that you guys are going to spot in my muse file and that everything will be fine then.

Regards

Matthias

7. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Matthias, to answer your first question, no, I'm reluctant at this time to say the widgets function in this instance is a bug. I can't though, without looking at your file (why I will usually suggest a support ticket), say that this isn't something in your file conflicting with another item.
    The difficulty (and I know this always sounds like an excuse) with designing and trouble shooting widgets in Muse , is the changes Adobe regularly makes (that's usually something everyone wants) can cause havoc with a widgets already written code thus breaking what was working. Sometimes after a release (which we just had) something odd or unnoticed can appear. Not sure if this has anything to do with your issue or not (yet).
    Another thing is there doesn't seem to be adherence to a standard by some vendors designs and they can also interact and caue breaks when combined (another reason I like to have a file looked at).
    Since I haven't seen this particular issue with this widget before, and I personally am unable to recreate it, I'll need to see what the support guys see (if anything) in your file.
    2) The Super Hero , as you stated your needs, doesn't sound like a good fit.
    3) The Super Hero Slider is a Beta for now, but seems to function really well so far. I'm not seeing any big issues from the Forum that haven't been fixed. Don't know when the actual release will be, but the Beta is available in our Beta testing area of the forum.
    It offers two types of captions, a Headline, that is pretty self explanatory, and the standard, that will allow you to place your caption in various locations throughout the widget. This captioning is done within the widget controller. Since you can use the <br> to give you line breaks, you may be able to give the appearance of multiple captions on a slide.
    Dj

8. Matthias Gengenbach

Thanks for the reply. I placed a support ticket two days ago and I hope for your team to solve the issue. If it would help I would also be willing to set up an older version of Muse... The main importance is to get the thing working as soon as possible.