Editing one page templates

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Luis, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Luis

Luis Active Member

Hi , I d like to know how to edit a one page template with messing up . I mean lets say the original template has 5 tabs on the menu ( Home, about us, services, gallery and contact) I want to get rid of one lets say gallery. From the menu it's easy just erasing the tab but how can I eliminate the content of gallery on the template and make it work with no problem.

Thanks

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Luis, a good question, but you could be covering a ton of different aspects. Let me make some basic assumptions and see if I hit the one you are needing. It would be a lot easier to pin point your question if I knew a specific template you're concerned with.
    If your template has a 'Menu' ( like the stock Muse menu) and not just text boxes with links, you can go to the 'Plan' mode in Muse and just delete the page (in this case the 'Gallery'), and this will also eliminate it from the Menu.
    If you are using 'Text' buttons with page links as your menu, you will need to remove the button (say the 'Gallery') and also remove the page from the plan mode. You also have the option of re naming the page, menu and links, and just re using the page for something else.
    Let me know if this helps
    Dj

3. Luis

Luis Active Member

I download the code ignite template but in the plan there is only the home page that's it, its just a one page template, and I need to remove in this specific template , lets say project , I want to remove the content of the project section when I scroll down.

Thanks for the fast reply

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Luis, I am sorry, it's been a long day, I should have keyed in on "A one page site" duh. There would be no other pages....oh well.
    The best way is to go to the layers panel, you will see a Portfolio layer, it should be the layer that handles the 'Projects'.
    If you delete that layer (select it in the layers panel and make sure the line and the little box next to it are selected). You will delete all it content. Next you will need to remove the menu tab, and the anchor (the little anchor shaped icon just above the 'Blue' filled rectangle that is where the content had resided. Now all you need to do is remove the blue rectangle and move your other content up.
    You could leave the blue area if you wanted to place something else there. It gets scrolled over with no anchor when another menu item is selected.
    DJ

Luis likes this.
  5. Luis

Luis Active Member

I'm gonna work on this project this week , if I run into some trouble , I let you know .

Thanks a lot

6. Luis

Luis Active Member

Hi DJ, I changed to the union one page template, I just opened it but on the browser preview is not 100% width like the preview on the muse-theme website.

Thanks

Attached Files: