Dynamic Slide Images Not Showing In IE

Discussion in 'Dynamic Slide' started by Majack, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Majack

Majack Member

The text and their animations show, but the images do not show in IE.
    I have simple image names with no special characters. It works fine in other browsers.

The site is: www.kinematic.com

I really needs this to work or I have to change to a different hero on the main page. I love Dynamic Slide and really don't want to do that.

2. Majack

Majack Member

I've discovered the issue is when you do not use a full screen slide show, and when you have the hero images set to resize to stretch to browser width. If you have the hero image size locked, then IE will display the images. If you set to stretch to browser width, IE will not show the images, only the text.

It would sure be nice if you could fix this issue for IE.

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Mark, I see you've placed a support ticket, so I think they would be better able to answer your question. If need be they can look at your files also.
    Maybe someone here can add some light in addition.
    Dj

4. Majack

Majack Member

I have not received any support for this issue. I receive an initial email saying it's not compatible with other widgets. I responed and explained it works but only has the one issue in IE, and how they could recreate the issue. many days later I resent that email and still don't have a response.

5. DjHerold

Majack, I'll see if I can find out why you haven't heard back. (EDIT) Mark, there may have been a glitch or something because I see your ticket on the 17th, and our teams response on the 18th. I see no other posts since then. I'm sorry for the slip up but I see Normans response was similar to mine (unless the link is not set up how you are experiencing issues with it)

On your example link, how do you have the widget set. Right now, with the existing setup, I see everything fine in IE.
    DJ

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  6. Majack

Majack Member

Hi DJ,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I have the widget size locked right now so it will display the images and not just text in IE. I'd very much like to have it set to display full browser width. If I do that, it will only display the text in IE. All other browsers I tested will display both the images and text when the widget is set to expand to the full browser width.

Thanks,
    Mark

7. DjHerold

Mark, OK, since it's very easy to confuse me, let's start from scratch.
    The widget opens up as Locked. I see it working fine in both Chrome and IE. I set the widget to Stretch to Browser width, and again, both work fine.
    Is it possible you may need to update IE? I'm using 11.0.9600.18638
    Dj

8. Majack

Majack Member

Hi Dj,

I have IE 11.0.9600.18524 64bit.

I have published the site with Dynamic Slide set to stretch to browser width. Please see how it displays for you in IE now.

Thanks,
    Mark

9. DjHerold

Mark, I do see that IE is now displaying a difference from before. Since it's not happening to my file in IE my first inclination is to look at the other widgets on the page. I haven't tested a file with other widgets but if you could look at that quickly on a saved test version of your site it would help. Try removing the other widgets one at a time and see the results.
    Dj

10. Majack

Majack Member

Hi Dj,

I found the offending widget. It was the Dynamic Copyright widget in the footer of my master.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. DjHerold

Mark, I have noted this with our developers to look into.
    Thanks
    Dj