Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

Dynamic data

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by nickyj, Dec 2, 2015.

1. nickyj

nickyj Member

I'm coming from years of Dreamweaver and dynamic sites. Two questions:
    1) I haven't found who to add an iframe yet but I know it's possible but then can I run a PHP dynamic page in an iframe?

2) How can I parse a MUSE form into a MYSQL database in addition to an email?

thanks help

nickyj

2. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Ummm... we better have Kevin look at this question ;)

3. Kevin DuCommun

Kevin DuCommun Developer Staff Member

You can have an iframe in your Muse page, and then run dynamic elements within the page that is being served up through the iframe. However, I'm pretty sure that there isn't a way to connect a built in Muse form or element to any of those database elements out of the box. You would need some type of custom widget code that was designed specifically to interact with a php file (or files) on your server, and that php file on your server would handle interfacing with the database.

Alex Wiley, Darian K and Steve Harris like this.
  4. Pete

Pete Active Member

I did this a while ago by creating the files in Dreamweaver and then loading these into Muse within a iframe - it can work but honestly if you are going to do this then you may as well just use Dreamweaver. Muse is not designed to be used in this way - it is a "designers tool". Although I do remember on original release that there was supposed to be good interaction with DW - that sadly does not seem to have happened.

Steve Harris likes this.