Dropdown List not supporting text in Safari / IE

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Eldon Preston, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Eldon Preston

Eldon Preston Member

Hi everyone,

Having a bit of an issue here. I used the Dropdown List widget on my top nav and it works great, however the text I input (Proxima Nova Medium) is not appearing in Safari or IE. All other instances of this font are supported except the one through this widget. Is there something I can do to correct this? The sub. font used in these browsers looks...bad. Don't really care abt IE - I hate that browser, but need it to perform as intended in Safari.

Works fine in Firefox, Chrome, Opera though. o_O

dropdown_list_font_issues.JPG

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    eldon

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  2. Eldon Preston

Eldon Preston Member

The widget doesn't allow me to input a fallback font ex. Proxima-Nova Medium, Arial . When I do this in the widget options, I lose Proxima Nova on all the browsers.

I exported the html and opened up the stylesheets in Brackets...wow. I did a batch find on Proxima Nova on the offending pages and masters.css, and I get a consistent ;font-family: proxima-nova, sans-serif throughout. I did a batch replace here and subbed in something closer as a fallback font and this didn't work either. o_O

Any widget specific CSS (!important) I can use in the <head> to clean this up? Is there some other solution?

Thanks,
    eldon

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Eldon, I looked through our support teams logs and see that one of our team has reported a similar issue to the developers.
    It seems that using the proxima-nova alone (no other fall back) works fine (It worked on IE BUT not Safari).
    I need to recommend you place a support ticket so the team can use this to see what's up.
    I do know that changes in Safari's OS has been causing havoc in Muse since the new version.
    This can assist our Dev's to find a solution.
    Thank you
    Dj

4. Eldon Preston

Eldon Preston Member

Hi DjHerold,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I hope I got this right - Resources>Contact then Contact Us button? I didn't see anything that said support ticket, but the form looks good to me.

Question: How long ago did a team member report this issue? Just recently, or has this been something thats pervasive? I'm just trying to gauge how long I leave the Site live with this error on it. I can always take it out, but it's too bad, b/c it's so handy and looks great too in functional browsers.

Thanks,
    eldon

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Eldon, the form is correct.
    This is something that just came up. I do not know how long something like this would take to address, at least not yet.
    That is why I suggest a support ticket, it helps to have the user input rather than just me reporting it. The files and set ups from the users can help determine if this is a widget issue or the problem plaguing folks with the latest changes to Safari.
    Thank you
    Dj