Solved Dropdown list not showing

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Roger, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

make a new site with just one breakpoint at 960

place a blank and untouched version 1.1 Dropdown list widget... Either on the Hime or Master page

- Preview Page in Browser, works fine
    - Preview Site in Browser, works fine

- Export as HTML and then preview.... absolutely nothing to be seen
    - Press the Preview Button in Muse (top right)... again absolutely nothing to be seen

I have spent the best part of 3 days working on this with this problem which is when I decided to produce a dummy new site with zero alterations as above and the same occurs... so it seems its not something I have done as it seems to do this straight out the box

Any explanations?

Thanks

Im using latest muse 2015.2

2. mnsdew

mnsdew New Member

I am having the same problem with the sidebar connect widget! Shame there is no response to the above question after over a year !

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

mnsdew, I'm sorry you are having issues, but it would really help if you could explain what is happening, what you have done, and maybe some screen shots, showing your settings ect.
    Please understand that this is a community forum, not the support portal, so there will be questions that aren't answered, for various reasons. When something sits for awhile, it usually means that other haven't had the issues or there isn't enough information in the post.
    THis widget functions completely different than the one you are concerned about, so posting a new thread may get better results.
    In the original users particular case, the original poster also placed a support ticket (resources>contact us), but unfortunately, didn't report the finding back here in the forum.
    What was found in his case, was that with some widgets (like this one, which is now been updated to version 1.2) using the built in Muse 'Preview' function, doesn't display correctly. This is a known issue within Muse and Adobe has stated that they also recommend to do either a preview page or preview site in browser.
    His other question revolved around downloading and viewing his site (and this widget) using download to HTML, and viewing that.
    In this situation it usually takes uploading the HTML to a server to view and see the widgets function correctly. It was recommended that he use a temp Business Catalyst site instead to preview.
    I hope this clarify's things a bit
    Dj

4. Chuck Nigash

Chuck Nigash Active Member

I found this to be my answer. Preview, Export to HTML did not show the hamburger. Actually going online meant that the server would run the scripts needed to produce this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.