DROP ZONE QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by buccigraphic, Jul 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. buccigraphic

buccigraphic New Member

a couple of questions about dropbox:

i've gotten it setup on a preexisting site and found the jpegs i have been sent have been successful.

there is a problem. the jpegs aren't filed on the server. even after i've created an uploads folder

thing is the site was built and then exported to html because at the time the upload to ftp option didn't work.

when exported to html, there is no option to create an uploads folder on the ftp.

is there a way to do this when exporting to html? if not, where did the jpegs go? were they just sent directly to email with no storing on ftp in between?

now, the other questions

is it possible to have more than one drop zone on a webpage with each going to different addresses?

is it possible to have more than one recipient email in the email.php file?

2. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hi,

When you received the notification email, were you able to click the links to view / download the jpgs? If so, they must be on the server somewhere. Our widget should actually create the uploads folder for you, there's no need to make it manually.

The folder should show up within the assets folder > assets/uploads.

Now to your other questions...

1. Unfortunately not. You can have multiple instances on a single page, but they would all need to go to the same address.
    2. Not at this time, but we've gotten lots of requests for this and could implement it in a future version. You might consider in the meantime using an auto-forward from another email, that sends it along to multiple addresses (for example, send it to a gmail address which is set to auto-forward to the addresses you need).

Cheers!
    SH

3. Sunspot

Sunspot Member

I am working with DropZone, and have had partial success.
    The website part is working as expected so far, and files are being transferred to the server (found the folder with all files in it just as expected) but I have yet to receive a notification e-mail. I have tried several addresses, checked and double checked the quotation marks to be sure they have not been substituted.
    How long should I wait for notifications before I know they are not working. My site is hosted on Bluehost.
    Thanks for your help!

4. HermannV

HermannV Member

Hi!

I uploaded DROPZONE via FTP to a subdomain of my Website.
    When I upload a file everything seems OK
    I get the e-mail notification but the link doesn't work.

Turns out that DropThone didn't create the folder /assets/uploads.

Any suggestions?

THANX!
    Hermann (muse 2017)

5. HermannV

HermannV Member

6. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

HermannV, I am looking into your issue.
    I will get back to you when I've got something, unless the team responds first.
    Dj

7. SandyT

SandyT Member

I am having the same issue - no email notification, yet the files are in a folder on our server. Have checked the quotation marks - any ideas??

Dan Simrell likes this.
  8. DjHerold

Sandy, could you place a support ticket on this please (resources>contact us).
    The team can check your file easier than I can.
    Thanks
    Dj

9. SandyT

SandyT Member

Will do. Appreciate the quick reply. May have already fixed it. thanks again.

10. Dan Simrell

Dan Simrell New Member

Dropzone... I can see the files being uploaded to the assets folder on my GoDaddy server. I am not getting any email notification. I modified the php file. I have a frustrated client (and me too). Any suggestions?

11. DjHerold

Dan, this is an old thread and looking at your file would help.
    Could I ask you to place a support ticket on this please (resources>contact us).
    The team can check your file easier than I can.
    Thanks
    Dj

12. SandyT

SandyT Member

Dan,

Is by chance your notification email running thru the godaddy sever as well as your own. That was my issue. I would see the file arrive on my godaddy server but when it left there to go to me through my company's server, it would get "filter" there. The widget worked fine just my internal server didn't like all the broad file names that were coming in from GoDaddy - so they got flagged. We had to "whitelist" a range that "seemed" to account for most of the inbound file names ( and extensions). On the GoDaddy side, it seems these files sit in a queue and are "sent" ( super quick) but across a wide range of file extensions. If this is the case, you will be able to see the email source name(s) and whitelist them from there. We have had some heavy traffic through the website that I am referring to here as there have been a constant flow of uploads for a number of jobs we have posted over the last two weeks. We still are having to check daily to make sure that nothing has gotten "filtered" each day on our on server, but super pleased with how the widget works.

13. DjHerold

SandyT, thank you very much for the information.
    Dj

14. christopher mosher

christopher mosher New Member

( i have no idea where the post a forum question is..) i am placing this question here.

Drop zone problem.

After watching the drop zone video, i think i missed something. My drop zone does not function properly. i keep getting a server error. Also, i do not know which folder you are to publish the site to? the permissions are all set with the current folders on my FTP list.
    Right now, everything goes to ::domain name:/ public_html. Can somebody assist this?

Thank you.
    Mosher

15. christopher mosher

christopher mosher New Member

okay, i have gotten the widget to work successfully on go daddy. Like everyone else here, i am also receiving no email notification. i have three emails and none are sending me a email that the files are ready for download. i am going to blame the first PHP file...

16. 360 Creative

360 Creative Member

Hi Guys

The widget is working fine for me on Desktop but not on Mobile.
    I have created an phone/assets/uploads folder
    but I'm getting this script when I try to upload...its adding the picture on the phone in widget with remove option but not doing anything and then when you click on it or the remove option which is visible I get this script
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>404 Not Found</title> </head><body> <h1>Not Found</h1> <p>The requested URL /phone/assets/mt-dropzone

Any thoughts please

17. 360 Creative

360 Creative Member

Ok I figured it out.
    You need to go to tablet folder in FTP program. create and assets folder then create an uploads folder (all lower case) then in the /tablet/assets folder add the three php files that come with this widget.
    do the same for mobile version of site...so /phone/assets/uploads and add the three php files to the /phone/assets folder

18. yoyosdesign

yoyosdesign New Member

I am also having this problem - no email notification.

19. DjHerold

yoyo, if you've tried the fixes listed above, and have had no luck, I'm going to suggest you place a support tick (resources>contact us).
    The team can look at your file and see what's up.
    Thanks
    Dj

20. yoyosdesign

yoyosdesign New Member

Hi DjHerold! I appreciate the quick reply on this forum, but I have already sent a support ticket yesterday. Hope to here from support soon.
    Thanks,
    Yoyosdesign