Drop Down Navigation Wonky

Discussion in 'Templates' started by ratsurfer, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ratsurfer

ratsurfer New Member

I'm using the color shoppe theme and am having a couple of issues with the navigation. First, the list of pages under the "Projects" menu items has grown for this site such that when you hover over the "Projects" menu item, I am unable to select any of the links below the third one before it disappears. Second, there is a white stripe running down the left side of the list and the rest is transparent such that when it goes over a dark image, we are unable to read the items. I cannot find any place where I can make the drop-down menu opaque, nor how to keep the drop-down menu long enough to select an item at the bottom. Any Ideas?
    See below:
    Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 4.32.15 PM.png

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

ratsurfer, it would help a bunch if you could post some screen shots of what you have done.
    Maybe some info on what steps you've taken so far.
    Since this template uses the Pushy Panes widget, could we see the page set up for that (and your widget settings)?
    Without a Url to see the action, and anything to see what changes you've made, it's tough to tell without a file.
    If you'd like, you can place a support ticket (resources>contact us) and let the team see your file.
    Thank you for understanding.
    Dj

3. ratsurfer

ratsurfer New Member

Sorry. Here is a link to the problem page. I should have included it in the original post.
    http://ecparchitect.com/test/theme-color-shop/services.html

I'm using the master-light master that came with Color-shoppe. Enclosed is a screen shot of what I see. I can't figure out where to color the boxes behind the text, nor how to extend the on hover so that the panel doesn't close up as you move your mouse down over the drop-down menu items.

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 10.46.05 PM.png

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

ratsurfer, I'm not totally sure how you have done this (without seeing the file it's tough) but what I'm seeing is, the white area you are having an issue with is actually the background color of the individual submenus.
    You can identify this by keeping your cursor within the white area as you slide the cursor down the items. You'll note that if you stay within the white stripe, the menu doesn't close like it does when you hover on only the text area.
    This tells me the actual hover area (the white) has been somehow shrunk smaller than the text it is supposed to enclose.
    You may have to reconstruct them to fix that. The menu used for the 'Light' theme is just a stock Muse Menu widget. You can find a bunch of tutorials on how it can be constructed at Adobe's site.
    To your question on how/where to color the area behind the text; select a text box (one of the submenus items) Once you select down to the 'Label' designation, you can select a fill color at the top of the muse on the left hand side where it says 'Fill'.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

5. ratsurfer

ratsurfer New Member

I couldn't fill them, so I simply ended up adding a new menu and reformatted it. Then I deleted the old, wonky menu. Unfortunately, now my hamburger menu no longer functions and the narrower breakpoints. How to I reconnect?