Does the Versa Slide icon always have to stay in the same position?

Discussion in 'Versa Slide' started by OUTATIME, Feb 23, 2016.

1. OUTATIME

OUTATIME Member

Okay, so I'm getting to grips with the latest version of Versa Slide, which I believe has ironed out many of the former issues, and it's looking good so far.

However... Is there any way in which I can get the Versa Slide icon to scroll just like any other item on the page? i.e. Does the icon have to always stay in the same position no matter how far I scroll down the page?

I'd really appreciate an answer to this or perhaps even a way to get around it. I'm loving the functionality that this widget provides, but I really, really need to be able to find a way around this.

Many thanks.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Out, the short answer is no, the widget was built to have the open/close always fixed. I've never tried to see if there is a way to alter the code, but I'm not thinking it would be easy.
    It's been pretty requested to have a fixed non floating button on this, not many users want it to scroll away when the page is scrolled.
    Dj

3. OUTATIME

OUTATIME Member

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Dj.

It wouldn't be a problem having the widget fixed, if there was a way of fixing other parts of the page to not make the widget look like it's stuck there on it's own (and superimposing over the rest of the page when I scroll down).

The issue I have is that when constructing tablet and mobile versions of the site, Muse does not let you pin a header (or any object for that matter).

So let's say that I have a thin rectangle at the top of the page - which includes the website logo and the widget - and I want all these items to always stay at the top of the page... If I use the '0' motion trick (which Musethemes recommends as we cannot use the pin function), then the page will not scroll AT ALL on iPhone and iPad.

It's an absolute nightmare which has literally been costing me sleep recently. Do you please know if there might be any way around it whatsoever?

ps I am using 11.3 version of the Versa Slide and the latest version of Muse.

4. DjHerold

Out, you say you are using the new responsive Muse, correct?
    Dj

5. OUTATIME

OUTATIME Member

Yes. Well, sort of...

You see I'm using the new responsive Muse but I've spent a lot of time putting together the tablet/mobile version of the site (on a previous version of Muse). So I am still able to work with the tablet and phone layouts as if I were using a previous version of Muse.

To be honest I'm perfectly happy with this, so long as I am able to find a way around this dilemma.

Why the question, may I ask?

6. DjHerold

Out, I asked because you can pin in responsive. I know that calls for a re design, but I thought if that feature was a deal breaker, you now have it.
    Dj

7. OUTATIME

OUTATIME Member

Thanks Dj.

I've had a look into that and it seems that it might end up being a bit of nightmare having to redesign everything. Responsive design is great if you're starting your website from scratch or if your site doesn't hold that many pages, but unfortunately my website will take forever going through every single page individually and hiding objects at breakpoints etc. (much of the site has been designed individually and not via master pages)

I know that you've given a perfectly good solution to my problem, but unfortunately I cannot make use of it.

So I take it that other than redesigning in responsive and making use of the pinning function that way, there is no other way that I might be able to work around this using the desktop/tablet/mobile version of Muse?