District Digital Creatives

Discussion in 'Member Showcase' started by @gekjr, Feb 24, 2017.

1. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

Hello Creatives, Just finish this build http://districtcreate.org. Looking for feedback, my number one challenge right now is figuring why my text is not selectable. The fonts are web fonts, but it looks like the text was written as an image.

George

2. Mick Kenyon

Mick Kenyon Well-Known Member

Hi George
    It's a bit of a long shot but I has a similar problem. I signed out of CC and then signed back in and then published all files. It worked for me, worth a try?

@gekjr likes this.
  3. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

Mick, Thanks for the heads up. I was under the impression once it's web fonts it won't render as a image.

4. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Looks like real text to me, I can see it in developer tools (within the code). Do you have a right click disabler widget on this site? That might just be restricting your ability to highlight / select it within the browser...

PS – great job on the site!! Lots of advanced widgets implemented in a smooth way. Cheers!

@gekjr likes this.
  5. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

Hey Steve, Thanks for the words and response. I'll perform a send search for a right click disabler. I've done a select all on every page in search of it wit no luck.

Thanks to you and the team for your work, you made this build possible.

6. Cees Pijnappels

Cees Pijnappels Member

Problem sounds familiar for me.
    I've mentioned it several times. When you look at the problem, you get a message dat there is no connection with adobe.
    As Mick told, when you logout and logon the problem is solved.

@ gekjr, like the way you implementated the calendar, can you tell me how you dit this.
    Special the Mar 8 DCC next meet above the calendar

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    @gekjr likes this.
  7. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

@Cees Pijnappels Thanks for the response.
    The AddEvent as you can tell allows users to add an event to their calendar. On the back end is a little CSS you upload to site after pushing from Muse along with the CSS is a few images you place in your image folder server side.
    BTW, That's one of AddEvent custom widgets. Check out the site below.
    You pretty much plug in all your event details into the CSS file, once the user adds to calendar all details so said event is ready to save.
    https://www.addevent.com

As far as the main calendar, the have a few styles chose from and a custom embed. With custom you can strip away their advertisements and and your own CSS styling if you have those madd web skills.
    https://www.calendarx.com

They both come with a monthly cost, Calendar X starts at $29 per month if you want the ability to embed, AddEvent $7 per month. I'd have to say Calendar X is the best system I've found that works with Muse desktop and mobile really well.
    It's pricey, but gives you unlimited calendars for your clients.

Cees Pijnappels likes this.
  8. Cees Pijnappels

Cees Pijnappels Member

9. Christopher LB

Christopher LB New Member

Top banner did not load. Chrome Version 54.0.2840.59 (64-bit) Mac. 10.11

10. Martina

Martina Active Member

Hi wanted to see your site but the only thing loading is the calendar, it could be slow internet (South Africa)