Digital Agency & Production Company Showcase

Discussion in 'Member Showcase' started by Rivai, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Rivai

Rivai Member

Hello Guys

I have been putting a lot of efforts in building this new site to improve our business. Im doing a pre-launch of my site. Im eager to know what you think, does the site makes people curious and want to know more ? Im a bit nervous posting it here.

www.eclade.com

But im open to hear your thought.

Thank you
    Rivai

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  2. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Super nice! I like it a lot. Seems very professional to me. The video in the hero images is a nice touch.

If I had one critique, which is totally a personal preference – the text feels a little bit small for me. Although I tend to prefer bigger text, I just found it kind of tough to read in some spots. But again totally just my preference, lots of people associated smaller text with a higher end look / feel.

Cheers
    SH

3. Rivai

Rivai Member

Hi Steve !

Thank so much for reply ! and I GREATLY APPRECIATE your comment !

Im looking back at the site. I just notice that i have been seeing this from my retina display all the time and i rarely see it from normal display. Now im looking at it from non retina display, it does indeed looks small ! OMG, i cant believe i didnt notice this. I somehow have a feeling that i put the font larger than this, but it does look small after you say it. I agree with this, it needs a fix soon !

Once again, thank you Steve !

Rivai

4. CRAIG

CRAIG Well-Known Member Advisory Group

Hi Rivai

Nice work! Overall i think it looks great, my only comment or feedback (and this is only a personal aesthetic opinion) is the use of generic stock ie: the piggy bank / calculator in the production page. I feel this cheapens the design overall, and its a pity, because the rest looks so good!

5. Rivai

Rivai Member

Hi Craig, thank you for your feedback !

You got me ! I spent so much time on other assets, shooting it, color grade, edit a proper reel, etc. But i let my guard off on those two. The piggy bank and suppport picture are stock footages. I feel ashamed. I discuss this with my team and decide to replace it with originally made pictures. We will shoot a picture of printed quotation in perspective close up with numbers to reflect pricing. And put our camera gear picture for support. Silly me, we have so many pictures of our equipments but it doesnt cross my mind to put it over the site. Strange, but it happened.

Sometime, after we spend long hours in doing something, we have to sit back, let it cool off and look at it again for further perfection. I talk to local google and they advice me to have native local language version and also add sticky submission form on the left/right side of the page for better user interaction. I asked a copywriter friend to help me out on this, there are some words that is simply impossible to be translated, no equivalent especially on technical terms. Dont know how she is going to do it and doesnt sound funny. It's either or situation personally. Let's see.

Love the constructive criticism of this forum ! Im glad i posted it here.

Thanks
    Rivai

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  6. Mike Valkanet

Mike Valkanet Well-Known Member

I like it but I think the home page has too many "icons" and they're all black and white. I would try to explain your services and process in a more different way so they don't look the same.