Solved Different positions for text

Discussion in 'Dynamic Slide' started by AndrewDBrown, Nov 18, 2016.

1. AndrewDBrown

AndrewDBrown New Member

I'm pretty new to Muse and Muse-Themes, so hopefully it's me. I have started using the Dynamic Slide widget, which after a bit of fiddling appears to work really well. However, I am now wishing to add the text or captions and I want to position the text in different locations for each slide (sometimes the middle, sometimes top right etc.).

I can't seem to find a way to do this cleanly- but I'm sure there must be one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Andrew, Cleanly is a relative term in Muse....LOL.
    Since this widget is built on Muses stock slideshow, there are some limitations to positioning things.
    The way they do the captions isn't as straight forward as you'd think.
    Try making your caption box really large and using spaces and pusing the text to the location in the caption box as if you were positioning something with 'In-Line' text.
    It take some playing. I know the team is looking to find a better way.
    Thanks
    Dj

AndrewDBrown likes this.
  3. AndrewDBrown

AndrewDBrown New Member

Thank you Dj - that will do for me.

One thing though. My website is responsive and the text needs to be repositioned on a couple of the breakpoints. So, my solution was to create two additional slideshows (which are pretty much exactly the same - just the text position is going to be altered). It's not what I would call clean or efficient, but do you think this will be okay?

Thanks again,

Andy

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Andrew, I did a bit of really really quick testing and it seemed to work good.
    Dj

AndrewDBrown likes this.
  5. AndrewDBrown

AndrewDBrown New Member

Thanks DJ - It seems to work fine (so fingers crossed).

I really appreciate the help (especially over the weekend).

Andy