Desperate Need of Help with my website

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Jared, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Jared

Jared New Member

• Muse Version: 2017.1.0.821
    • Widget Version: For "Hero Connect" 1.0
    • Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.5 // iOS 10.3.2
    • Browser Used and Version Number Chrome Version 63.0.3239.84 (Desktop) Chrome Version 62.0.3202.70 (iOS Version) Safari Version 10.1.1 (Desktop) Safari for iOS 10.3.2 (iOS Version)
    • Supporting Screenshots: Visit the website and see for yourself!
    • Published Link to Your Site: staging.youthalivegathering.com
    Hey guys, I need some major help. I have a Widget question, and I would post this in the proper section if it didn't have to do with more than just the widget, so I am posting here.

Firstly, When I shrink my window for my homepage on the website above, the letters, text, and everything else get badly "smushed" and instead of the text getting smaller, the words don't shrink and the words become jumbled letters. This is all within the Hero Connect Widget. The background that I have placed as the Hero for my homepage (the falling snow) will also not play on the mobile versions of the different web browsers that I've tried.

The other question that I have is: How do I make this website mobile friendly? Am I going to have to re-build entirely? Where should I even start with all of that. I would really appreciate the help, thanks so much for everything ahead of time!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jared, let me start a discussion (others can jump in if they would like) about what I personally would suggest.
    First, I would strongly suggest updating your Muse version to the latest 2018 version.
    The version you are using was (even by Adobes own admission) very flawed, especially in the area's of concern you are experiencing.
    Make sure you have your text boxes set to the appropriate pinning, wrapping/responsive settings for each Break Point you have.
    Your video not playing on Mobile is by design on most Mobile browser today. They have coded into them not allowing auto start videos for mobile due to users bandwidth usage. On Mobile you will need an image or slide show style widget to show your back ground.
    As far a Mobile friendly, I always try to use a combination of fixed and fluid Break points in my designs, using a fluid break point for my smaller (mobile) sizes. Look at some of our Blog posts, you'll find one especially about designing a responsive site, using both fixed and fluid break points.
    Remember, responsive doesn't mean fluid BP's only.
    Hope this helps
    Dj