Solved Default Buttons: 2 are missing

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by caroshka, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caroshka

caroshka Member

Hi !

I really like this gallery widget and the functionalities it offers, but, I have one little problem with the default buttons: 2 of them are not "working", meaning, they show, but nothing happens when you click on them.

My settings: please see Screenshots.

Maybe I got something wrong in the settings?

What else can I look at to find out why these category buttons do not react like the others who do just fine?

I am a bit stuck on this, so grateful for any help!

Cheers,
    Caro

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

caroshka, sorry you have been experiencing an issue.
    You did not mention which two buttons were giving you a problem, but if I had to venture a guess, would they be the two that have 'Spaces' in them?
    Muse doesn't like spaces so if it is those two buttons, you may want to try a dash or an underscore in the names.
    Let me know
    Thanks
    Dj

3. caroshka

caroshka Member

Hi Dj,
    Yes, indeed, it’s the buttons that contain spaces.
    If I get you right, I need to add a sign to avoid this problem... I might just add a sign in the dame color as the bg so it would be invisible. I’ll test it out as soon as I get back to my studio.

Thanks!
    Hope that it’s why :)

Caro

4. caroshka

caroshka Member

After quickly testing: yes the issue is gone when I add underscores instead of spaces.

But:

It is not very convenient though, especially since I cannot set a specific look to a specific letter in the button configuration.

Also: not all pictures appear now, only one, but there are several and I corrected the spaces everywhere. How can this be?

I thought it was possible to set up multiple collections to one pic ?

5. DjHerold

caroshka, sorry you are still having issues.
    The best way to configure your buttons when you want a specific look, is to use the 'Custom' button feature of the widget.
    When using Custom buttons you can place anything you want inside the button (it's regulated by Graphic Styles).
    Your dashes or underscores will still be used in your Graphic style and the widget controller names, but they won't appear in the Custom button (unless you place them in the button on purpose).
    To your other question, Yes, you can use an image in multiple categories, you just need to place an instance of the image in a controller for each category. For example, if you wanted 'image1' in a category (button) called Pets, and the same image in a category called 'Family'. You would place the image in a loader assigning the category 'Pets' to it, in say your first loader position1. Then you would place the same image in any loader (or the same but in a different position), and place it in the 'Family category. The image will show in each category when the button is chosen. The downside to this I believe is the image will show multiple times in the 'All' category. Our team has this (removing all but one instance in the All category) on our list for future enhancements to the widget.
    Always check the spacing and/or special characters (just like in your categories) when naming your images and videos also. Always keep them simple, if not they will not show properly.
    Thanks
    Dj

caroshka likes this.
  6. caroshka

caroshka Member

Thanks for these clear explanations. This should sort it :)

7. DjHerold

You are most welcome, glad to have helped. If you need anything more, don't hesitate to ask.
    Dj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.