Creating portfolio of themes

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Mick Kenyon, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Mick Kenyon

Mick Kenyon Well-Known Member

I am wanting to have a portfolio of themes in my main website, similar to how MT add their themes and templates.
    What I really need to do is have an example in the website and have a stand alone version that I can work on when a client's chooses the theme. A short term fix would be to publish to the business catalyst test site and have a hyper-link to it, but I believe these are only live for 30 days.

I am thinking I will need to replicate the theme masters and pages into my main website ? If this is the case, is there an easy way to do this?

Am I missing the obvious?

Manish likes this.
  2. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Hi Mick,

I use BC to put test sites up for clients and haven't encountered any 30 day restriction (in case of help). But to be safe, you might want to use regular hosting via FTP for your main site, and then use sub-domains for each theme. I use Bluehost which lets me have unlimited sub-domains for free.

Manish likes this.
  3. Mick Kenyon

Mick Kenyon Well-Known Member

Thanks Sarah, it is only the temporary sites created in BC that have a 30 day expiry, I have some test sites which no longer work but cant honestly say if this happened after the 30 days. Great idea for using sub-domains, thats the way I will go. Thanks