Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

Solved Copying Widget and pasting not working...

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by Ant, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Ant

Ant Member

Ok so if you go to http://ivctv.net/Testing/ you will see the video gallery I have created using the method that was told to me here. I copied and pasted the widget and added more videos keeping the same name as ID as "gallery1" ... everything LOOKS cool until I click on something in the second and third row... when I do the videos that come up are from the first row ONLY... Help

Try it yourself here - http://ivctv.net/Testing/

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Ant, I am truly sorry, I believe this may be a bug. I will take this to the team and see what's up.
    It appears that even with the same or different gallery names, the widget seems to want to default to the video that resides in a specific number ie: 1 even if the controller is a second one.
    I will pursue this, and see if I can get an answer.
    DJ

3. Ant

Ant Member

Thank you

4. DjHerold

Ant, what system are you using, I'm testing on widows using chrome?
    Dj

5. Ant

Ant Member

Windows 10... Windows Edge

6. DjHerold

Ant, I know it's a bit late, but I think I've found the solution to the issue from talking with the developer.
    It seems that Muse itself is adding unworkable code to this widget when you "copy and paste.
    It seems the work around to this, until Muse fixes their issues, is to place a 'new' controller onto your page and then set it up. The copy / paste is the problem.
    Dj

Ant likes this.
  7. Ant

Ant Member

Will try this for the next edition in May... I'll be working on it in about 3 days... thanks again

8. Richard Hart

Richard Hart Member

Not quite solved yet.
    I am unable to display more than 3 self-hosted videos in the SHOW gallery.

When I duplicate the first widget, as shown in the tutorial, widget instance 2 shows the same videos as the corresponding numbers in widget instance 1. This is true whether I use the same ID or different IDs for them.

When I drag in a new instance of the widget, the same is true -- whether I use the same ID or different IDs for them.
    True in all browsers, too. Any ideas? Thanks.

9. Richard Hart

Richard Hart Member

Well. Interesting. I discovered that duplication and renaming does work — but only if the videos have thumbnail files set. You must provide a still image. This also solves an issue with Safari. Who would have guessed?

10. Tanya Stone

Tanya Stone New Member

I see this is marked as "solved" but I'm still having the problem of duplicating the widget and having it play only the first 3 videos. The thumbnails change, but not the self-hosted video. I've tried bringing it in fresh, reinstalling, clearing internet cache - nothing seems to work. Any solutions? (I'm on Windows 7 64bit using Chrome and the latest version of Muse)

11. Richard Hart

Richard Hart Member

Tanya, I am experiencing the same thing. I have tried everything.
    • Added an additional instance of the widget, rather than copying and pasting.
    • Gave both instances of the widget the same Gallery ID and different IDs.
    • Added a still image as a thumbnail for all videos.
    No matter what I try, the second copy always plays the videos from the first copy!
    Apparently, this widget permits only 3 videos per page.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Tanya Stone likes this.
  12. Tanya Stone

Tanya Stone New Member

Likewise. Am using self-hosted and also followed those same steps without success. Frustrating!

13. DjHerold

Richard, Tanya, if you haven't already, please place a support ticket (support>contact us).
    The team can look at your settings and files, the widget shouldn't be giving you that much issue.
    Dj

14. Don

Don Member

Just came across this post and was surprised to find the issue has been around since March.

I joined MuseThemes a few weeks ago primarily for the SHOW Responsive Video widget. As indicated by others, it does not work as advertised. When more than three self-hosted videos are added to a single gallery, clicking on video #4 plays video #1, video #5 plays video #2, video #6 plays video # 3, etc.

I have spent many hours (10+) troubleshooting and been exchanging emails with Darian in Technical Support. The issue exists whether using MP4s or WEBMs, with or without image files. I provided Technical Support the videos, a newly created Muse site with the SHOW Video widget being the only element, a ScreenFlow video demonstrating the behavior, and information on my Mac OS and Muse versions.

To be honest, I am not happy with the response to date. At first I was given inaccurate information (use two different ID names) and twice requests for updates went unanswered until I followed-up. While Darian's communications have been polite, he has provided no significant or tangible information as to the status of resolving this problem.

I submitted my support ticket on May 8th and still have no solution, even after indicating the urgency of my need.

Very disappointed in MuseThemes.

15. DjHerold

Don, please be aware that the email you quoted was placed before the widget was updated and the latest bug fixes.
    It would help, if someone is having an issue, that they place a support ticket rather than use the forum.
    There can be many reasons why something isn't working for you and without looking at a file its difficult to trouble shoot.
    Also, sometimes an email,like the one you posted doesn't always have the whole story.
    Please, before an issue gets you frustrated, please talk to the team.
    Dj

16. Don

Don Member

Dj,

Thank you for the reply.

I did contact Technical Support before using the forum. In fact, two weeks ago. And provided Darian with extensive documentation. If there is someone else I should have or can contact please let me know

As stated, this issue occurs using a newly created Muse site with no other element other than the SHOW Video Responsive widget. I am using the latest versions of the widget and Adobe Muse software. So this issue is not localized to my particular configuration and others have the same problem.

The reason I posted in the forum was because Technical Support has not been very helpful in providing a solution. I did not know where else to turn and was hoping someone here (perhaps you?) might be able to provide more substantive assistance. Also, Darian never mentioned this issue (or similar behavior) has been seen before. Thus my surprise. Such communication would have been helpful and I would have not spent so much time troubleshooting.

Yes, emails do not always have the whole story, however I am quite willing to share the email thread with Darian privately with you if that is helpful.

I only want a solution to this issue. If resolved, I will gladly post a thank you to the MuseThemes team.

Regards,
    Don

17. DjHerold

Don, thank you for your reply, and the information.
    I will take this forward and see if I can find something to tell those having this issue.
    Let me see what I can find, I will try to speak to the developer over the next few days and see what's up.
    I appreciate your patients.
    Dj

18. Don

Don Member

Dj,

Thank you for offering to follow-up with the developers on this issue. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Don

19. DjHerold

Don, I was able to speak to one of our developers about this widget.
    It is a known issue and is being re worked. That's the good news. The bad news is, it's probably going to be at least three weeks out.
    Unfortunately, the bulk of our team is working on 'Agent', so it means those working other fixes are a bit swamped.
    I'm not sure when this was identified, but at our next staff meeting I will bring up getting this and other bug fixes expedited (as well as the information flow on them).
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Dj

20. Don

Don Member

Dj,

Thank you for the quick and informative response. It is much appreciated.

Since MuseThemes does not offer individual purchases, I had to make a considerable investment for essentially one widget—the SHOW Responsive Video widget. One of the core features of this widget is the ability to expand the gallery beyond three videos. Unfortunately, this does not work.

Further, since MuseThemes does not offer trial software I was unable to discover any possible issues prior to purchase.

I realize resources are finite and allocated according to perceived business needs. As a customer however, I think fixing a known, major issue with software still currently being sold would be given the highest priority.

That being said, for me three weeks (or possibly more) is too long to wait for a fix. I have already waited two weeks, delayed launch plans once, and need a solution by this Thursday at the latest.

Given the situation, I would like to request a refund. I feel in this specific case, it is warranted and a reasonable solution. Please let me know how to proceed. Thank you.

Regards,
    Don