Contact Form

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Beppe Picaro, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Beppe Picaro

Beppe Picaro Member

I think this is a Widget problem, and maybe MuseThemse can develop a better contact form widget.
    Here is the problem I am having.
    After pushing "send" in a contact form on a phone, I am testing it on an iPhone 5s, the page looses its correct dimensions. I noticed the same problem with your beautiful template Fresh, in the Contact Form, where you are invited to enter your email address for receiving the newsletter.
    I think this has to do with the fact that the iPhone, I don't know the other phones, zooms into the text frame, here you can see that the white border and the logo are a bit messy.

2. Beppe Picaro

Beppe Picaro Member

I searched on the Interet and I found that Forms cause iOS to zoom, so the advice is to add "user-scalable=no" to the viewport meta tags. Can we that in Muse?

3. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

You could certainly try! The way to do this would be to paste this code below into the "Page Properties > HTML for Head" section in Muse:

<meta name="viewport" content="user-scalable=no">

Let us know how it works!

Beppe Picaro likes this.
  4. Beppe Picaro

Beppe Picaro Member

It doesn't work, unfortunately, I just tried! I did try pasting codes from others suggestions I gathered here
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1514066
    I guess we need an input from a real muse pro!

5. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hey @Beppe Picaro , I have experienced with heavily while dealing with mobile sites, that zooming that the iPhone does (I don't know if Android or Windows Phone does this) can really mess things up and over zoom. I have yet to try any codes to fix this, I wasn't even aware there was a possible code fix lol, but what I do is simply make the form just small enough so that when the iPhone zooms it doesn't over zoom. Also sometimes I will revert to creating a JotForm form and then linking directly to that form from the mobile page because JotForm does an awesome job of making their forms responsive on mobile.

Beppe Picaro likes this.
  6. Beppe Picaro

Beppe Picaro Member

Thank you Norman, I'll follow your steps, but I wish there is a code fix that will take of this zoom effect.