Connect Sidebar

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Berat, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Berat

Berat Member

Hello.
    I purchased a font/webfont to use in my website and I am using connect sidebar for my menu. Can I use my purchased font in here? I just noticed that the widget have several font names am I limited to this fonts?

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Berat, you can use your purchased fonts as long as you have the necessary file types, and the font is named correctly in the widget.
    The fonts you see are just for demo purposes, and to show the format you would use when assigning backup fonts.
    If you own the Font kit, Muse will allow you to place your fonts into your system by going to your fonts drop down, and choosing 'Web Fonts>add web fonts'.
    Thsi will open the typekit>Edge and self hosted fonts panel (see attachment).
    Open the self hosted area and it will allow you to load your three font files for loading into your system.
    Also, just as an FYI, sometimes when adding web fonts to a Muse site, Muse may require that the font appear somewhere on your page. In this case I tested it with one of my files without a page appearance and it worked fine.
    Hope this helps
    Dj
    Capture.JPG

3. Berat

Berat Member

Thank you DJ. It works.

Another question.
    Photoshop I can use the open type of the font
    by going to character and go to open type
    so I can change the style of my font
    (stylistic alternate).

Can Adobe Muse do this?
    I Checked the Glyphs it is not there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Berat, you don't have the same controls as PS, you do though, have a glyphs panel.
    To be honest, I haven't played with that other than some Icons I have but I have not tried substituting text for glyphs in the text area of the widget.
    Dj