CONNECT Gallery--Overlaying Objects

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Lance Evans, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Lance Evans

Lance Evans Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some help. I have a medium sized Collect Gallery of 50 images. This is sitting on a background texture RECTANGLE.

When rendered to browser (Chrome on Windows), the gallery and its underlying Rectangle both expand to accommodate all 50 images. As it should.

But in expanding down, they cover over other objects (ie, the following sections in the vertical single page web design). Rather than pushing all those elements downward.

This happened with Media Pro Gallery too, but grouping the following objects allowed them to be "seen" by the gallery and properly pushed down. This isn't working with Connect Gallery.

Note that I am still on version 17.1, as 18 has been problematic. Any things on solving this? I can't be the only one.

Best,
    Lance

2. Lance Evans

Lance Evans Well-Known Member

PROBLEM SOLVED

I had a frame with a background image loaded as set to fit, and set to scrolling. It was also dragged way long, vertically.
    Add all of those conditions and it threw the gallery tracking (or whatever you wish to call it) way off.

If I change some of the criteria of that frame, for example, shorten its length to not extend way beyond the end of the gallery, and thus change fill to fit, etc., then the gallery tracks properly. And items/objects that should be below/after the gallery, are correctly placed.

Seems like a buggy kind of quirk that just had to be painstakingly narrowed down via toggling each and every item in the project (as groups/folders first to narrow down).