Confusing Forum

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Edward H, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Edward H

Edward H New Member

Hello all, I am a little confused as to how to use this Forum. My member area in the top right of the window says that I have a message but I dont know how to access it. I have received an email regarding a support post but when I replied to that email, a few minutes after receiving it, I didnt get a response. It was not a no reply email from support so I think I should be ok to respond to it. I hope that I dont have to wait another 72 hours for a response from someone who said that they were "helping me today" but didnt reply. I did purchase a fully license, not the discounted one, so I thought support would be better. Its the week-end now so I guess that a response is not going to happen for at least 2 days. I really just need help with my moto menu that does not sit on top of all of my website layers.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Edward, welcome and hopefully we can assist in some fashion.
    First, this is a community forum and hopefully when you have an issue someone here will try to share their experience/expertise.
    As to your message, if it was sent in this forum, it is typically either in your 'Conversations, or profile (which you can access by clicking on the envelope at the top right if highlighted) or by hovering over your name and accessing from the drop down area.
    You stated you have been in touch with support, that area isn't handled here, but you are always welcome to post a question in the appropriate forum (if it's for something like the Motor Menu, you can use the 'All other widgets' forum for example).
    as you stated, it is the weekend, but our teams work all the time. The person your have been speaking with could be off this weekend, bt I believe that is reasonable.
    If you can give some information in a new posting in the forum, it may get some quick responses if someone has gone through the same issue. If you do post in the forum, please make sure you give as much detail as possible, with version numbers of both Muse and the widget, along with anything that can let us know what you've done so far.
    Thank you for your patience and hopefully we can get you going.
    Dj

3. Edward H

Edward H New Member

Hi DJ,
    Thank you for the best service I have received so far. I will give this forum a try. The issue I was having with my messages has resolved, the icon that was telling me that I had a message in here has disappeared and the alert telling me that you have replied to my thread is visible. The rest looks pretty standard so thanks for your explanation. I will remember that support is a different area. The person that I was speaking with sent me an email 2 minutes before I responded and then disappeared for the rest of the working day, and no doubt into the weekend, based on the fact that I have had yet to receive a response. Totally not your fault and I appreciate that you are trying to help me.
    Have a great week-end and I look forward to chatting with you again in the future.

4. Cat

Cat Member

Hi,
    I'm also confused! This screenshot shows in the left column that I have 3 messages, but there doesn't seem to be anything there and the main screen says I have no messages!

Attached Files:

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Cat, are you seeing the area I have circled in my screen shot highlighted?
    Dj

Capture.JPG