Solved COMPOSE

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Alec Allshouse, Dec 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alec Allshouse

Alec Allshouse New Member

I really enjoy this template. Kind of mad, but it is my fault. I forgot to test the template before jumping into it. My Bad.... Anyway, now I am set on using this theme. Here is the problem i ran into. Maybe this has happened to someone else. The theme works in preview mode, but once you export the HTML and up load it to a server. It doesn't show up in a browser. The entire browsers view point is white or just the background color.

2. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Alec,

Have you tried using the FTP upload built right into Muse? Rather than exporting HTML and manually uploading.

This issue is super strange, because this theme is totally "stock" Muse. There are no other widgets in it other than those that come with Muse. We are hosting these on our server as well, not Business Catalyst (so you shouldn't have any issue on your host).

3. delankie

delankie New Member

How do you edit the menu in Compose. I can't change it for the life of me.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

delankie, are you trying to do your editing on the Master page?
    This is a stock Muse menu widget set to Manual. You will need to edit or add each 'cell' individually.
    When a menu is set to manual, the dynamic properties (auto adding pages) are turned off.
    Now, that's for the two largest BP's.
    On the other BP's, the menu is an Accordion widget used as a menu.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

5. delankie

delankie New Member

Thanks! I am now able to edit it, even the accordian ones. I couldn't see the menu in the master page because of the white background.

6. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Glad to have helped
    Dj