Compose Theme

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Seth, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Seth

Seth New Member

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum. Got a question, I am using the Compose Theme and love it. Super basic and fits our needs. However, I have run into a little snag when it comes to the breakpoints and as it relates to the "Our Certified Writers" widget section.

-The issue I am having is that all the breakpoints are fine up until the "768" breakpoint. It seems to be "sticky" and not want to scale down to fit the width of the page area.
    -Also, when I delete the content of the widget it deletes all the info in the higher breakpoints as well (960, 1200). It is worth noting I did copy and paste into the different breakpoints so I am not sure if there is a linkage to that.

-Things I have tried to do to fix this:
    -Adjust the number of columns from 1 to 2 and to 3 (No Change)
    -Looked at the layer structure across the template. (Nothing weird noticed)
    -Repaste the same widget but from a lower breakpoint. It worked but still had the same affect across all breakpoints.

-Goal
    -To be able to adjust the width of the "768" breakpoint "Our Certified Writers" widget (changed to be called "Our Team") so that the other breakpoints are unaffected and I continue to wrap up this modified template.

-Other Notes
    -Please note this site is not yet live so I am not sure the best way to show you guys the issue I am having. Any help on this would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for your help and look forward to some advice.

Best regards

Seth :)
    (Advanced Illustrator and Photoshop User, Muse Newb but catching on quick. Loving it!)

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Seth, welcome, and thanks for posting. If I may, I need to ask a couple of questions.
    Could you explain what you mean by "sticky", as you stated about the scaling?
    Also, a couple of screen shots like I'm including as an example would really help.
    There's not alot of difference in the two different skins, but if your could let me know which one you are using that would be great. You can see that skin two has a bit of a different layout and as indicated, is using one of the breakpoints as fixed width, while number one uses fluid.
    Let's start with some shots of your layout in design mode (and if pertinent, maybe when previewed in browser).
    Thanks
    Dj

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG

3. Seth

Seth New Member

Hi DJ

Thanks for the response and stoked to be on the forum. Here's answers to your questions:

-I am using the Compose-Skin-1 version.

-what you mean by "sticky", as you stated about the scaling?
    Basically what I meant by that was that it wants to stay at a fixed width and height even if I try to adjust it. It doesn't want to be dynamic/responsive.

-As I write this however, I was able to solve the problem.
    • Basically, I selected the widget and then right-clicked on it.
    • Then I chose "copy and size position to". In this case, I started with the highest breakpoint (1200) and copied that to a breakpoint I created in between the next default breakpoint (960) and then subsequently copied it into the 960 breakpoint.
    • From there I worked backwards b/c I think the problem was with the width and the widget not liking it for whatever reason in the 768 breakpoint. So I highlighted the widget in the 480 breakpoint and right-clicked to choose "copy and size position to" the 768 breakpoint.
    • And it worked! It didn't affect any of the other breakpoints and I was able to highlight the widget container and expand the width to the size I liked.
    • The other thing I did was go into the layers panel and remove "writers" I didn't need. We only needed two Team profiles.
    • I will continue to fiddle with it and have fun but I may have overcame this hurdle with a little workaround. Either way I think it worked and I will update as I build the site out further.
    Thanks for the response and I will be in touch. To be Continued…..