Compact and minimal

Discussion in 'Member Showcase' started by Christopher Baron, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Christopher Baron

Christopher Baron Active Member

http://www.rise2health.com/site2/index.html

Still not completed which is why its sitting in a back folder. The client wanted 'compact' 'young, youthful' like having a remote control, effortless. I designed the site currently at www.rise2health.com but they wanted slimmer.

I tried to put everything on one page but needed to have a second page for the social feeds and may address them again soon.

It has a very compact feel and there are some issues not resolved with yet. The close button lingers if not used on the 'Hormone Optimization' section. Any work arounds would be welcome. I tried not to use too many widgets as it can get a little gadgety, although thats the feel I think the client likes. This is so hot off the press I'm still waiting for approval but i think I'm close.

I'm not really a web designer, more of a photographer but I love Muse so much and I'm learning real fast. Thanks MT for consistent everything. Gave me a new feather in the cap.

Alex Wiley likes this.
  2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Chris, something you could look at if you want to keep a one page feel, would be the use of a Versa Slide or Pushy Pane widget . You could have it off to the side similar to your pinned social tags but it would allow you to place your contact and social info inside it in a slider or accordion type fashion.
    Dj

3. Christopher Baron

Christopher Baron Active Member

Thanks, I'll take a look at that. I must say, there are so many widgets to remember it's a bit confusing. Sometimes I go through them and then look them up just to remind myself what they do. I'm thinking of building an example website with lots of widgets for easy reminders and perhaps ideas for use.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Chris, I know, we have a lot. Just remember sites can get too gadgetry if you put too many on at once. Not all widgets play nice together so always play and test.
    Dj

5. Martina

Martina Active Member

For me the site is informative and direct to the point. But Chris's suggestion is great and something I will use in future.

Alex Wiley likes this.