Closed........Sidebar Connect - Positioning of opening button

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Jan, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan

Jan New Member

Hi, according to a MT reply among the reviews for Sidebar Connect, it is possible to "detach" the open/close button from the menu dropdown itself. I do not find where the settings are for this in the widget.
    MuseThemes reply in the review says:

"And good news, you CAN precisely control the positioning of the hamburger icon (open button) and detach it from the menu itself. You will want to use the general positioning settings in the "Basic Settings" section in the widget option panel. Additionally, there are fine tuned controls in the "Open Button Settings" section that allow you to set margins in 1px increments."

I would greatly appreciate if you could guide me to how I achieve this in the "Basic Settings" and "Open Button Settings", as I have tried all combinations I can come up with.

//Jan

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jan, I'm going to speak in general terms on the Button set up, because I'm not sure where or how you want the button to be.
    Let's say for an example, you want the 'Open' button to be a larger version, and maybe placed a bit more into the page. You can go to the 'Open Button Setup' and change the vertical and horizontal positioning of the button (see attachment showing the adjustments to 75 px each). And at the bottom of the same panel the changes to the Button itself for a larger one.
    The setup panels give you a bunch of settings, and for a general look I suggest watching the widgets Video tutorial, if you haven't already.
    Steve goes over a bunch (not all) of the options in the second video in the series. https://www.muse-themes.com/products/sidebar-connect
    I hope this helps a bit.
    Dj
    Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

3. Jan

Jan New Member

Hi DJ, I tried the settings you suggested but did not achieve the result I am looking for. I want to detach the button from the menu as per the mockup attached. /Jan

Attached Files:

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jan, I don't believe you have the ability to separate the button to that degree away from the Menu.
    You can place a support ticket (resources>contact us) and see if the team might possibly have a small code snippet that might be of help, but I'm not sure.
    Dj

5. Jan

Jan New Member

Thanks Dj, We decided to go for another menu widget instead. //Jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.