Solved Change menu in Artisan template

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Dolinda, May 24, 2016.

1. Dolinda

Dolinda Member

Hi, I love the Artisan template but I can click all I want but I cannot get to the text in the menu. What am I doing wrong? I am on the masterpage, I can change the font, the colour, whatever, but not the text itself.

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

You can change menu texts in Plan Mode.

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Dolinda, what Jeremei is saying is, in the 'Plan' mode in Muse (where your pages and master pages are all on the same page), is where you name your pages.
    With the style of menu that is used, the stock Muse menu, which can be a Dynamic Menu (meaning like it's used in this template, it auto populates whatever your pages are named for you), and it cannot be changed like other menus by selecting the text.
    You need to change, add or delete your page names in the 'Plan' mode and they will automatically show or disappear from the menu.
    Dj

4. Dolinda

Dolinda Member

Hi, yes I understand, sorry, I was talking about the hamburger menu. That keeps giving me the template pages and not the new pages I created. I can't find where to change that.

5. Dolinda

Dolinda Member

6. pgc

pgc New Member

I'm having this problem too. Any advice?
    P

7. DjHerold

pgc, could you explain a bit more about your specific problem.
    I am assuming that the issues I spoke to were not what you are looking for.
    Anything specific you can give us would help us assist you.
    Thanks
    Dj

8. pgc

pgc New Member

Yes, I'm trying to work out how to change the labelling and ideally font styling in the Hamburger on the Artisan template.
    Thanks.
    Pete

9. DjHerold

pgc, I've included some screen shots that should help.
    Starting with the 'Hamburger', which is actually a 'Trigger' of a composition widget.
    Once you select that, open the fly out menu and check the box that says 'show light box parts when editing'.
    That opens the 'Target' portion of the composition widget so you can see and edit it.
    The next is the text boxes themselves. Once selected, you can change the font, styling, color ect.
    Since this is not a dynamic menu, you will need to Manually name and link the nav items to the appropriate page.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture4.JPG