Center elements on the page

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Alberto, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Alberto

Alberto Member

Hi everyone,

I have to center some buttons in my web page, vertically and horizontally. I tried several times but with a bad result.

I'd like that the buttons stay fixed/stuck/floating in the middle of the page, also when scroll up/down the page. How I can resolve this trouble.

Thanks
    Alberto

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Alberto, you should be able to fix your buttons to a location by using the fixed position boxes at the top of Muse (little boxes). Remember in the responsive muse there are two types.
    Dj

3. Alberto

Alberto Member

Thanks Dj for your answer,

Hmm, I already tried this way, with little result.
    the purpose is to have elements fixed in the middle of the page, these elements could be "Logos, text, or anything that I want to keep in the middle of my page; a kind of floating element on the page to understand. Even if I were to move the mouse repeatedly the element/s must be nailed in the middle of the page.

Thanks again
    Alberto

4. DjHerold

Alberto, would you mind posting a couple of screen shots to show the layout in Muse. Please include the area where you are pinning the objects.
    I've not had any issue with having an object pinned so the page scrolls but not the object. It would help to see how you've done this.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. Alberto

Alberto Member

Hi Dj,
    here below I have attached a couple of screen short to show the layout in Muse first and the second as seen in Safari (see below).

As you see, in safari is not centered in the middle of the page, but anchored at the top of the page.

In Muse I have used the pin

screeshort_03.png

I apologizes for my insistence, but I saw in the MuseThemes library a widget "ClassyNav" that does the same thing that I want to get from my buttons, only this widget is floating in the top right corner.

Many Thanks Dj
    Alberto

screenshort_01.png screenshort_02.png

6. DjHerold

Alberto, from what I thought you wanted, you should be using th other pinning area right next to what you pinnned. Where you are pinning is the page alignment pinning, the bigger pinning box is the normal pinning for what you want.
    Dj

7. Alberto

Alberto Member

Hi Dj,

Thank for your patience but unfortunately with the other pin I have the bottons always fixed at the top and not in the middel of the page (floating).

At this point I belive that Adobe Muse has not this option integrated.

Maybe with a specific widget I can solve this particolar problem.

Thanks a lot
    Alberto