Can't Delete a Breakpoint

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Richard Hart, May 12, 2017.

1. Richard Hart

Richard Hart Member

What issue is indicated when I am unable to delete a breakpoint?
    Specifically, I am working in the Vigor template, which comes with just one breakpoint -- at 960 pixels. The Delete Breakpoint menu item is grayed out on all pages, including the master.
    What I would like to do is change the template into a fixed layout, full-screen-width.
    Thanks.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Richard, this template was designed as an Adaptive design. It was created before Muse allowed for Responsive layouts.
    Because of this, when you open the file Muse reverts to the way it was designed, which as Adaptive has a set size, along with a Mobile and Tablet layout.
    To convert this to responsive, you'll need to remove the alternate designs (mobile, tablet) and modify this template to be a responsive (whether fixed or fluid) design.
    You should be able to go to 'View>Show Breakpoints', and this will give you your break point bar.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. Richard Hart

Richard Hart Member

I removed the tablet and mobile designs and set the template to be Fixed Width. No joy. Still can't delete the 960 breakpoint. I am now resigned to building a fresh project, copying some of the features and widgets of Vigor. Thanks, anyway.

4. DjHerold

Richard, did you go to "View>Show Breakpoints", this will give you your break point bar.
    Dj

5. Richard Hart

Richard Hart Member

Yes. I can view the 960 breakpoint. But every menu shows Delete breakpoint as grayed out -- even after I got rid of the mobile and tablet components.

6. DjHerold

Richard, remember that when you change the template to a responsive design, the 960 you are seeing is the set min width from the original design. The 960 break point actually doesn't exist as it would normally if you set it.
    You can right click on the BP bar and as you said it's grayed out, but you can add, let's say a 550 BP, and then you can do what you want with the 960 BP or any other BP.
    Dj