Solved Cannot see youtube video

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by Gilbytwins, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Gilbytwins

Gilbytwins New Member

On a new page, I have inserted the SHOW toolset, enabled the video player tools, inserted the video player, changed the youtube video ID, and when I go to preview the page in chrome, the video does not show. Even the default youtube video ID does not show in preview in chrome. Seems like I am doing something simple wrong but I cannot figure out what that could be. Any suggestions? Thanks. -Dave

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Gilbytwins, I'm not sure if you had a chance to watch the video on using the widget, but in the video Steve Harris speaks to an idiosyncrasy of the widget when testing in browser and the new Muse version.
    What he suggests is, you choose your YouTube ID (or the default for testing), if the video doesn't play when previewing in browser, then go back to Muse, open the fly out, switch to another (like Vimeo) and then switch back to the you tube. It's something to do with the choice Muse tries to grab. Sometimes, it needs a kind of reset.
    Now, this is not necessary when the site is published on line.
    Dj

3. Gilbytwins

Gilbytwins New Member

I did watch the tutorials but must have missed it. That did fix it. Thanks!