Cannot get video to show

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by afm12076, Aug 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afm12076

afm12076 New Member

Using the newest Show Video Player, the components are all loaded, I have tried self hosted and video and Vimeo. The page expands for the placement of the content, but is blank. See images, I check with local preview and from a Business Catalyst site.

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

afm, would it be possible to see your settings in the fly out?
    It could be a naming issue, or a file type ect, but need to see if possible.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Yonge

Yonge Member

Man. I can't get my video to show at all. I've watched the tutes, I've selected all the right selections, but I've got to be missing something. It's not showing in 'view page in browser' or when I upload it. The toolset is added like in the video, the files are up on the website, the page is set, everything (I think). What's happening here... frustrated.

4. Yonge

Yonge Member

pkymg.com/try

5. Yonge

Yonge Member

I take that back. Works fine in FireFox. What's wrong with Safari?

6. Yonge

Yonge Member

pkymg.com/try. It loads the video full screen on FireFox and Chrome, not Safari. I added try2 and try3, 2 is section and 3 is section in a frame. Nothing from either of those.

7. Yonge

Yonge Member

Hello? I have a project to do AND THIS THING AINT WORKING.

8. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Yonge, sorry you are having issues with the widget.
    It would really help to see your set up in the widgets panel. Also, possibly your layout in Muse.
    It is really difficult to try and guess so any information we can work with really helps.
    We are finding that Safari has been acting up due to some recent changes they have made regarding Auto Play video. Unlike other browsers they are somehow blocking auto play (which is normal for Mobile but until recently wasn't blocked on Desktop). We are looking into this to see if there is anything we can do on our end.
    I see the version of Muse are you using is the 2017.1 version, this (by Adobe's own admission, is quite a mess and not working well with widgets). You'll find that Adobe just released a new version today, they say fixes all those issues.
    It helps to know the widgets version also (if applicable when multiple version exist).
    One thing to remember, if you are in a hurry, and you don't get any response here (this is a Community Forum, not support), you can place a support ticket (resources>contact us) and let the team look at your file.
    Thank you for understanding.
    Dj

9. Yonge

Yonge Member

Dude! I appreciate your reply. Thank you so much. I worked around it by downloading another widget - an older version - and got lost in the production! I have had nothing but good experiences with Muse-Themes over the past year, and look forward to another great year of you continued progress and support with apps and widgets and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.