Can only control 1st slides movement

Discussion in 'Dynamic Slide' started by Jim Conway, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Jim Conway

Jim Conway Member

I have "dynamic slide" set up as a 960 x 430 element inside my web page (not 100% width). I used your widget and resized it to my final design, then swapped out images from the widget defaults pics. I was able to adjust the slide movement on the first slide (slide1) but not slides 2 ,3, and 4; they default to animate from the bottom right no matter what I set them to. I checked each pic is properly styled (style1, style2, style3, style4). Any idea what's going on?

2. Jim Conway

Jim Conway Member

OK, figured it out. Somehow ended up with 2 sets of controller widgets (dynamic slide - individual animation) with one set hidden under the slide show. Works fine now with just one set. Oops.

3. JR Imler

JR Imler Member

I have this exact same problem. In fact I cannot change any of the animations of any of the slides.

Reviewing other post for this widget, I tried creating a new empty sight to add and customize the widget on a blank page ... but still no luck.

Originally I was starting by resizing the "canned" widget to the size I need, then replacing the pictures.

My last attempt on a blank empty site/page was to install the "canned" widget, only replace the images, and try to to changes the animations ... still no luck.

No matter what I do, the first slide starts from the "Top Left" and slides 2, 3, and 4 all start from the "Bottom Right".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    JR

4. JR Imler

JR Imler Member

I am still unable to get slide animations to change.

In fact when I place the default sample widget in a blank site on a blank page and do no modifications and just preview the page, the animations do not match what the widget is configured for. The first slide moves from Top Left ... the widget is coded for Bottom Center. Slides 2, 3, and 4 all say Bottom Right and move that way.

The only way I could get animation to change was to delete the control for slide 3, then copy the slide 1 control and change it to reference slide 3. Even though both of those widget controls indicate Bottom Center, they still move from Top Left.

Doing this enabled me to at least get the effect of Slide One - Top Left ... Slide 2 - Bottom Right ... Slide Three - Top Left ... Slid Four - Bottom Right.

This is a great widget, just what I was looking for. I've watched the video and as far as I can tell, I am doing the customization correctly and the widget is simply not working as designed in terms of performing customization to change the animation behavior of the sample provided.

Thanks,
    JR

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

JR, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    I will take this to the team and see what they can do. It does appear that the slide three controller isn't allowing a selection.
    If you remove and replace that single controller, as you stated, everything works fine.
    Thanks
    Again
    Dj

6. JR Imler

JR Imler Member

Hi Dj,

Thank you for the reply.

Can you please confirm if you modify, for example the animation for the 4th slide, that it works for you. I maintain you can't change the behavior of any of them by changing the widget animation options. At leas that's what I am experiencing.

So as you've confirmed, deleting a slide controller and copy/replacing it with one of the existing controllers and modifying the slide# that slide does inherit the characteristics of the copied controller.

However, you can't change any animations of the supplied samples controllers. So that gives you 2 options .... Top Left (slide 1) and Bottom Right (slides 2, 3, and 4).

7. DjHerold

JR, just to be clear, here's what I did and what happened.
    I used the Demo set up on a new blank page/site.
    I changed the first controller to the settings in my attached screen shot (see the other settings also, but the direction was top right). I then changed the second to bottom right (using the same settings for the other settings). I then deleted the third controller, and replaced it with one of the others. I set the proper numbering and set it to top left. The I set the last to bottom left.
    All functioned like they should.
    Dj

Capture.JPG

8. JR Imler

JR Imler Member

Hi Dj,

I see you have your animation set to "Normal" as opposed to "Alternate". I can't remember when I last fumbled with that option. I will try changing that to see if I get different behavior.

Thanks,
    JR

9. JR Imler

JR Imler Member

Hi Dj,

Well, once again, I've found the major part of the problem is Windows IE. I run Windows 10 with IE 11. IE 11 is my default browser ... because in my experience, most folks run windows and don't know to install another browser and not use IE.

In any case, most ... but not all ... of the problems I've reported exist only for IE. When using Chrome or my iPad/iPhone the widget in most cases shows as directed in the slide control for that slide.

I know most of you guys use Macs with Safari ...

This being the case, I think it's important for the widgets to function correctly with IE ... regrettably it is a prominent browser. Again, that's why I test with it as a default. When I am happy with the site (using IE to test), I then test it with Chrome, etc.

I found this out when I had everything bolted together with the work around, the slides animated completely different when I looked at the site with the other browsers.

Anyway, I hope this helps you guys with your efforts to update this widget.

Thanks,
    JR

10. James007

James007 Active Member

Has this bug been fixed? I have successfully gotten animations to work by doing the above "delete slide 3" widget and then "Preview page in browser."

The built in Adobe Muse preview system doesn't show the animations working properly.

11. DjHerold

James, this is still on our to do list. I'm afraid it got pushed to the back of the list because the fix can be quick for the users by doing the above swap out.
    It is still slated to come out when we do another update release.
    Dj

12. James007

James007 Active Member

Makes perfect sense. You know what would be awesome when the fix comes out? A video showing how to make an advanced animation.

I know it's achieved by using multiple "Dynamic Slide" slideshows on top of each other and transparent images floating past each other. But it's quite clumsy to use, and I feel like it's one of your more powerful graphical widgets (experience wise)

13. DjHerold

James, I will pass that suggestion along to the team.
    Thanks
    Dj