Solved cafe8 problems

Discussion in 'Templates' started by creativedolan, May 2, 2016.

1. creativedolan

creativedolan New Member

Hello, I'm new to using Muse templates, so please bear with me if I'm not using the correct language to explain what issues I am having with using the cae8 template in Muse.

This is the template that I have my question about: http://www.muse-themes.com/products/caf8

I'm having a hard time selecting the text in the drop down menu at the very top right. (I believe that it's an accordion menu) I want to be able to change the names of the links from "home", "about" "menu" "nutrition" and "contact" to something different, but Muse is not allowing me to select this text to edit? It says that it's a font, but it's not allowing me to select it to change it.

any help would be appreciated! I'm a graphic designer, with a lot of experience in Adobe programs, but this one is just plain stumping me!!

Thanks in advance! ~Mary

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

creative, welcome and thanks for using Muse Themes.
    In order to change any of the Menu settings, you will need to make sure you are on the Master Page of the site. If you weren't checking there, anything placed on a Master page will populate across all pages. This is more often than not where you'll see things like header and footers items, as well as Navigation.
    This nav was built, as you noticed, on an accordion widget, but in the accordion is a stock Muse 'Dynamic' Menu widget.
    If the Muse menu widget is not set to Manual, it will get it's page information from the page names in your layout area. That way if you add a page and name it, the menu will automatically update and show the new page.
    If you set the widget to Manual, you will have to input the names and number of pages. Since this is a non manual set up, you cannot change the names (text) inside the menu by trying to change it in the menu area, you will need to change the page names in your layout setup, or change the Menu to Manual.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. creativedolan

creativedolan New Member

Thanks so much Dj!! I was able to update the the page names via the main menu. I can't believe that it was that easy, but I never thought of it the way you explained. Makes total sense now. Thanks for taking the time to reply!
    ~Mary