Building a Newspaper website and archiving old stories

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Jonathan Vellos, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Jonathan Vellos

Jonathan Vellos Member

I have a job to build a website and I want to utilize the "Connect Article Widget". But I'm unsure what to do with old stories so that it doesn't slow down the site when it loads. I really don't know how to approach archiving old stories that need to be accessed via the search widget or the search function that is embedded within the "Connect Article Widget". Also I'm not too familiar with Business Catalyst modules news and blog add-on. Is Business Catalyst something I need to use in order to archive the stories. In Short....HELP!!!!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jonathan, I think the first thing to suggest (if you haven't already) is to watch our four part video on the widget.
    It explain the setup and basic use of the widget.
    Dj

3. Jonathan Vellos

Jonathan Vellos Member

I've watched the 4 part video series several times. I doesn't show how to add multiple pictures to one article. Is there any way to control the size of the images within the CSV file? Is there no walkthrough or tutorial on how to archive old stories?

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jonathan, there isn't the ability to add multiple images to a post, other than the lead in image and the main post image.
    The image size is based on the actual image size. You can create images in an editor and then link to them through the widget.
    As far as archiving old stories, the widget sheets have a post number and are listed by what their number is. As you add more and more posts, the theory is you would change the number to show your newer posts first (making a newer one a lower number.
    All the posts are then listed by what you set as a per page number, those that are older would move to the end of the line and be found by either a search or by the page numbers at the bottom of the first page.
    As far as what BC does or doesn't do, I'll leave that to others or Adobe.
    Thanks
    Dj