Solved Build, Issue with resizing the upper left Img & txt. 2 questions

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Eric Carlson, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Eric Carlson

Eric Carlson Member

My 1st question is hoe can, or can I resize the image (I replaced the little house with my own) in the upper left to a larger size and have it appear at the size I want in preview and publish? as it is it, no matter how big i set it on the master page it is always a very small size in the preview.

2nd is the text (BUILD) underneath also will not do what I would like, if I use any more than 6 characters it drops them underneath no matter how I resize the text box.

using Adobe Muse CC 2015.2
    Build theme
    Win 7

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Eric, could you post a few screen shots of your layout to see where you are on the design and what you are trying to do.
    Thanks
    It ill help a bunch
    Dj

3. Eric Carlson

Eric Carlson Member

4. Eric Carlson

Eric Carlson Member

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Eric, I am away from my office right now, but will try to see what's up when I get back if you haven't already gotten an answer.
    Dj

6. Cees Pijnappels

Cees Pijnappels Member

For me the same problem with the text.
    Will change it in 6 characters.
    Nothing works, already checked adobe help.

7. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Eric - looks to me like you're screencapping the logo on two different breakpoints. If you edit the bounding box of that text to be wider on the largest breakpoint, it will probably still wrap on each lower breakpoint. You'll need to adjust that bounding box on all breakpoints to ensure there is enough room for the text. I just tested this on my end and there was no problems if I made sure to adjust it the whole way down...

Cheers!
    SH

8. Eric Carlson

Eric Carlson Member

@Steve Harris: well with the stock bounding box even if I move the img placeholder to a different spot that is not "in conflict with the breakpoints" it moves back to the corner, and same with the text so IDK

9. Eric Carlson

Eric Carlson Member

The only thing I have found that seems to work is to delete the original img rectangle and img with my own and pinning it to the browser, that seems to work OK. ;)

10. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Eric - good to hear you've got it sorted! That's the tricky part about responsive Muse, each breakpoint is basically a completely separate layout. Elements can be a totally different size, shape, position, etc. on every single different breakpoint.

So if you edit the element on the 960 breakpoint, and then preview the site (and your browser loads bigger, displaying the 1200 breakpoint) then you won't see those changes. That's why deleting it and replacing it completely is working, because the new element is being built "from scratch" the same on all breakpoints. Ah responsive...

11. Cees Pijnappels

Cees Pijnappels Member

Thansks, this works for me.

Steve Harris likes this.