Solved Build: Anchor links "snap" in lower breakpoints

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Janne, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I´m currently working on a one-pager based on Build theme. It now happens that while my anchor links ease in smoothly in 1200 px, they kinda "snap" in lower breakpoints. How can that be? You can see my testsite here: http://bauflock-test-2.businesscatalyst.com

Thx for reading,
    Janne

2. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Since nobody answered, I experimented myself and got the solution: I exchanged the "menu" from Build with the standard menu widget from Muse and voilà – all my anchor links slided in smoothly. And I got another issue solved: Now the active states of my menu items showed the chosen color. In Build they only changed color during mouseover but didn´t stick to it while being "active".

Not sure, but to me Build doesn´t seem very well developed. It says that it was designed for beginners in Muse. But even beginners want to customize certain items. A functioning menu is most important imo, since we want our users to stay oriented.

The fixed width is very handy though. It saved me lots of time since I didn´t have to adjust every single breakpoint ... ;)

3. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Janne,

Apologies nobody answered – good to hear though that you got this fixed up! I appreciate you sharing your solution on here.

The nav menu in Build is actually just standard Muse text boxes, with hyperlinks applied. No fancy widgets or anything like that, just stock Muse elements. Not sure why anything wouldn't be working correctly there, I don't believe we used a single widget in that theme. Muse does some strange things...

Cheers
    SH

Janne likes this.
  4. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Hey Steve,

thx for answering! I have another issue though. On my one-pager I set links to subsites and would like to show the regarding menu item as active, too. See my 1st screenshot: The menu item "Leistung" is active, because "Wände" and "Böden ..." belong to it. But when I click on the icon for "Wände" and the subsite opens (2nd screenshot), the menu item "Leistung" shows as not active. How can I change this?
    I would like to keep the user oriented ...

Thx again,
    Janne

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-21 um 10.13.57.png Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-21 um 10.14.15.png

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Janne, when you say "sub-sites", are you referring to another page or another location of your "one-pager".
    Is this something where you could utilize the 'Breadcrumb Navigation' widget?
    Dj

6. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Hey Dj,

I referred to another page. Your breadcrumb widget might just be the thing I need – didn´t know such a widget existed.
    I´ll try it tomorrow. Thx a bunch!

Janne