Bkgd video - I've hidden on mobile breakpoints but YouTube still shows for a bit

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by spyder, Aug 27, 2017.

1. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    I've added the Show Video Suite - Background Video to a page and I know mobiles don't autoplay videos, so at breakpoints 475 and below I've hidden that widget and added an animated gif for a background in a rectangle tool for mobiles. But even though I can see in Muse I've hidden the background video widget at breakpoints 475 and 320, the YouTube video is still in the background. A friend sent me a screenshot from her iPhone and it shows YouTube appearing for a few seconds, then disappears.

You can see on http://allbymyselfie.me/spyderbaby/trim/index.html that for laptops/tablets, the video plays in the background, and it also shows below when I have some images set to transparent and the video is seen below. Even though I hid the video widget in mobile breakpoints I was still seeing the video on my Galaxy S6. So for mobile breakpoints I made the background images all 100% so the video didn't show. But I guess on iPhones YouTube is appearing on screen for a couple seconds, which is not good. So any suggestions why the video is playing even it's hidden in those breakpoints would be great. Thanks.

2. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member

One more note on this: my friend just showed me her iPhone and the YouTube video is on the page all the time, completely messing up the page and then showing the other videos from my YouTube channel. It's an iPhone 5. It's fine with Androids I've seen so far. I was using Chrome's Developer Tools to see the page on other devices and it looks fine on iPhones there but not with my friend's phone. Any tips would be welcome, I just need that widget to not appear on mobiles and even after I've hidden it in breakpoints it's still showing.

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

spyder, could I ask you to place a support ticket on this (Resources>Contact Us).
    This is something the development team is going to need to see.
    Also, be sure to let them know what version of Muse you are using. This could be something affected because of the new update.
    Thanks
    Dj

4. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member

Will do. I haven't been getting email notifications when some people reply to my posts (like yours) so I just saw this now.