Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

Best Image Format to use in Muse

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by JR Imler, May 3, 2016.

1. JR Imler

JR Imler Member

Currently, I generally use PSD files when possible for my images and graphics in Muse. That way I only need to keep track of one copy of the files. I can also use the same PSD in InDesign if needed. It's unfortunate that most external interfaces require a JPG or PNG ... that means another copy of the image to keep in sync.

That being said, quality is most important to me. With responsive and resizing, I'm wondering if it is better to use SVG versions of the images and graphics exported from Photoshop?

I am new to Muse, so I am hoping somebody here has done the comparisons to determine which image format is the best to use in Muse, with quality being the number one goal.

2. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

SVG works great for logos and other simple graphics, the amount of code needed for more complex graphics can lead to slower loading. Use jpgs where you can for photos and save for web when exporting from photoshop, PNGs are best for when you need transparent backgrounds and when you have large flat areas in the image as jpgs with solid areas such as my logo to the left can look bad as jpgs. beware though that png files are larger than jpg for photos and do not really give better quality.

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

JR, in addition to what asifnm has said, to your other question, Muse allows you to use PSD files also.
    I'll leave the debate of when and where to do this to others though :)
    Dj