Background vide youtube does't work on mobile

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by media au pluriel, Mar 7, 2016.

1. media au pluriel

media au pluriel Member

Hi,
    I use the youtube as presented in the tutorial.
    It is working fine on safari desktop but does not work on android, iPhone, iPad...
    I show the video picture, I have the searching turning youtube icon
    but the video doesn't play.

a solution to provide us ?

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hey @media au pluriel , do you have a link to the page so I can try and view it from my end?

3. media au pluriel

media au pluriel Member

hi yes sure
    take a look at autourdulaceguzon.businesscatalyst.com.

by the way do you have presets for video exporting when I decide to use local videos (presets for MP4 and webm)

thanks

4. media au pluriel

media au pluriel Member

if you test you widget page with the video background I have the same result.
    I see fixed picture but not YouTube video...

5. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

The video on the main page (I cant seem to find any other videos on the site?) is working fine on my end in Firefox and Internet Explorer and Chrome. Are you still experiencing this issue or has it been resolved?

For the iPhone/Android version the video background will not autoplay, and this is due to the restriction that cell phone providers put on devices to keep customers who visit sites with an autoplay video from having their data unknowingly drained. As for the iPad version, this rule may apply as well but that I am not sure of and I don't have access to an iPad for testing.

As for video presets, we don't have any available, there are SO MANY out there and really it all just depends on what your need (ex: larger video size that is slower to load but better quality, or smaller video that loads faster but is of lesser quality)

6. media au pluriel

media au pluriel Member

yes it is working fine on desktop too
    safari, chrome, explorer too...

the problem is especially on mobile... apple & android.
    That's strange that the video does not play...
    when you use youtube player, it is not a problem to launch the video at launch page...
    but here, if you try on iPad for example, I can't launch the video.
    Clicking on the play button does not work...

is there any issue to solve the problem ?
    I already seen web site on iPad or iPhone with video background, that's why I don't understand...