Background image resizing issue

Discussion in 'Templates' started by PeterMcD, Feb 7, 2018.

1. PeterMcD

PeterMcD New Member

Hi Guys - I've built a site using the Pioneer template which features a background image. When viewing my site on a desktop the background image works perfectly however wen viewed in a ipad mini and iphone 6 the image appears correctly, but when the rest of the content loads the image jumps to be super large leaving it unrecognisable??? Any ideas how to fix?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Peter, could you show a couple of screen shots of the issue.
    It will give us a better sense of where you're working and what you are seeing.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Peter McD

Peter McD New Member

Hi Dj, attached one zipped folder showing screen grabs from my iPhone and four grabs from my iPad. Bottom line is that when I view say the home page in a browsers 'developer responsive design area' and view the iPad and iPhone versions the background image is restricted to the width of the screen (as in IMG_1010). However, when I view it on the actual device all I see is a super enlarged image(as in IMG_1011)??? You can see the site at www.mcdcreative.co.uk, I've had a tech guy looking at the issue today but he only has the developer browser view to check things and that of course looks fine, it's on the actual devices that things go wrong, and just to say all the software is up to date! Any suggestions gratefully received...

Attached Files:

4. DjHerold

Peter, I apologize for not being clearer, what I'm looking for is the page in the design mode so I can see which page, area, and image you are changing.
    I ask because in this template there are area's and images that are adjusted within the design itself, and if the design is modified the sizing of the images can be affected.
    So, having said that, thank you for the shots you've provided but could I also see the original templates area that you are affecting before you made the changes.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. Peter McD

Peter McD New Member

Hi DJ - attached is a zipped file with the various screen shots of what two example pages look like in design mode and in a browser window with the developer responsive view. Basically the background I see on my iPad and iPhone is the how the background appears in design mode - enlarged and blurry and in the case of the home page just the top left corner of the background i.e. wall! As you can see the Master Home page in design looks perfect??? All the pages have the master home page applied, and each page has it’s own background specified, could it be there’s a conflict with the background image of the master page and the individual pages????

Attached Files:

6. DjHerold

Peter, I am writing you for more information in a private conversation.
    We can post back here as we get further along
    Thanks
    Dj