audio player with playlist won's show list - Any body else have this issue?

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Editor AL, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Editor AL

Editor AL Well-Known Member

Hi Muse Themes developers!

I hope you all are doing great! Hoping another one of you have had the Audio Player List misbehave and can give me a antidote.

I have basically the same page on two different web sites. One shows the list, the other does not show any list.

Anyone else get this behavior from the audio player with Playlist widget? ()

Details:

I have one page that the widget works properly upon.

And a nearly identical page it will not drop down a menu list.

Can you assist and help me spot the looney on this one?

I am toast for today so... i can not see any reason - double checked and reposted multiple times --- same missing list - tired top and bottom... it is missing. I sent a note to tech support but adding this to the forum in case you have already been here and figured this out.

Checking to make sure i am not missing some type of update:

Compatibility: Muse 2017.0
    Current Version: 1.0
    Supported Devices: Desktop, Tablet, Phone

Downloads 3786

The instantiated audio player is 1.0 and the tool bar audio player with list thing is 11.5

I don't get it, and asking for forum power to chime in if possible.

Both pages are using the same widgets.

Please take a look and help me if possible.

Glad you guys are out there to help.

Cheers!

-A.L.

PS BTW that is my old band that is playing on the MP3. There are supposed to be 3 songs in the list.
    Thx!

2. ciao Marian

ciao Marian Member

HI there! Audio Playlist doesn't display on my site and also does not display on Muse Themes site either. What is up please?

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

ciao, I have reported our Demo to our team.
    As far as your page goes, can you tell me what you've done, maybe a screen shot of the page and the widget settings?
    Thanks
    Dj

4. ciao Marian

ciao Marian Member

I have seen several members report this issue... no resolutions though.

5. DjHerold

ciao, it's difficult to know what issues are being encountered without additional information.
    Dj

6. ciao Marian

ciao Marian Member

Thanks DJ, This widget doesn't display...it is not working on your website either. Any ideas?
    Best, Marian

As far as your page goes, can you tell me what you've done, maybe a screen shot of the page and the widget settings?
    Thanks
    Dj[/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

7. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

The issue on our site is likely due to the HTTPS switchover we did a few days back. We're still sorting out some demos that are hosted on other environments, we should have this fixed up shortly (our preview at least).

@ciao Marian any chance you can publish up a temp BC we could take a look at? We will be able to tell really quickly if there's something wrong by looking at the code. Often with audio / video players they need to be published to display properly. I'll take a look right away if you can post a link.

Thanks!

8. ciao Marian

ciao Marian Member

Attached Files:

9. ciao Marian

ciao Marian Member

Hey Steve.... I need to get this player functioning please!
    Thanks, Marian

10. ciao Marian

ciao Marian Member

Anyone there?

11. DjHerold

ciao, the errors you are seeing should not affect the player working. Those are common because Muse is not recognizing the settings of the panel (which is very common to Muse but normally does not affect it's performance).
    What I can't tell from the screen shots, but looks like something to check, is the naming of the MP3 files.
    The files should be simple names, No spaces, special characters, ect. Again, not sure but yours look like they could have spaces.
    Also, since Muse can be a bit touchy, I would recommend if you are skipping song 5 (not enabled), move 6 up to the 5 position and enable it.
    Let me know if any of this helps or if the team needs to look at your file.
    Dj

12. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Audio Playlist is a rascal of a widget. There are a few little things we've always been able to do to make it work when it seems to act up.

The first solution is the simplest, and fixes the majority of issues we've seen. When you drag the widget out from the library, you'll notice that the loader component is below the player component. That's important. If the loader is higher on the page in design mode, that will cause the "Download File" issue. So just try placing the loader just below the player (a few pixels apart).

Let me know if that helps!

Attached Files:

13. ciao Marian

ciao Marian Member

Brandon, that isn't it. Doesn't work. Marian

14. ciao Marian

ciao Marian Member

DJ, that isn't it. Doesn't work. Marian

15. ciao Marian

ciao Marian Member

Isn't anyone there that can help?

16. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

As I mentioned earlier, there are a couple of possible solutions. Since the easiest one didn't work...

When there are a lot of elements in the layer containing the Audio Playlist widget, you sometimes have to make sure that the Audio Loader widget is on a higher level within the layer than the Audio Player. There should also be something (like a rectangle) between Audio Loader and Audio Player when you're looking at your layers panel. See the attached image.

So to recap, make sure the Audio Loader widget component is below the Audio Player in Design mode, and make sure the Audio Loader is above the Audio Player in the layers, with one element in between.

I know these little things sound ridiculous. But this is how we've been able to correct issues with Audio Playlist in rare cases when it isn't working.

Attached Files:

17. ciao Marian

ciao Marian Member

Dear Brandon, thank you so very much for you reply this morning. This type of fine grain work-around information is just what I'm looking for.
    I'll give it a try.
    In the meantime, I was provided with an elegant HTML audio track list and player from CD Baby, which is very stable, so I have a solution that I know will work in the meantime.

Many thanks, Marian

18. ciao Marian

ciao Marian Member

Brandon, your Content Scroll isn't working on my site either, is that also a layer or z position thing?
    Thanks again, Marian

19. seannn

seannn New Member

I have done all of the fixes. the widget will still not show the playlist. it did, but stop, and i deleted and reloaded and cannot get the widget to show the playlist

20. DjHerold

saennn, I see this is an older post, so I'm not sure which Audio widget you are using.
    If you are having an issue with the original Audio Playlist widget, I suggest trying the new 'Audio Essentials' widget.
    It's much more flexible, stable and easier to use.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

Brandon likes this.